Help! What is this?

Hi E_Gravity,

Thanks for reporting! You’re correct to be suspicious of the extra yellow segment - it certainly doesn’t belong.

Review mode is showing how your trace compared against other traces submitted by other Eyewirers. Please remember review mode isn’t always the final answer. In this case, the first player probably accidentally added that yellow piece. Since we are a consensus based system, the third player who played after you (you were the second player) agreed with your trace and did not add the yellow piece. As a result, the cube’s consensus no longer shows that yellow piece. Your accuracy should reflect this update as well.

You can check that past 60 cubes that you played by looking at your activity tracker in the upper right next to your username. Cubes that you trailblaze or have a weight of 2 may change accuracy as other players play the cube. Your review mode for a cube will update too!

Best,
M.

Thanks! I checked back a few minutes after posting and the path was gone, but it hadn’t been reaped. This really clears things up for me. :slight_smile:

There appears to be an issue with the seed in cube #351862, which lead the trailblazer to color a large piece which may not actually be attached. The piece of the seed seems to be separated from the rest of the seed.

Hi E_Gravity,

Thanks for reporting! Yes, bad seeds can happen. In these cases, we ask folks to try their best to trace around the bad seed part (which you did). I’ve removed the incorrect yellow piece so the cube should be good now. If you find another questionable cube, feel free to post the cube ID in chat as scouts, scythes, mentors and admins can provide more timely feedback there too :slight_smile:

Cheers,
M.

missing segment

Hi chairflyer2013,
I’m sorry, but could you please tell me the cube ID? I can’t find it in your screenshot.
Thank you!

Sorry Sorek,

I’ve moved on to more cubes. I still have the screen grab, but not the ID3 Unless there is a way to get my history of cubes done, (if so-please let me know),

I think I was only asking why there was a disconnect inn the left vertical branch. I couldn’t find any area on the 2D that would connect to it.

I’ll remember to include the ID # in next messages,

Thanks anyway,

John Krull

Hi chairflyer2013,

No worries! These things happen. If you have a question about a cube that you’ve already played, you can access your last 60 cubes using the activity tracker in the upper right hand side of the screen next to your username. Hovering over each little “bar” will show you the cube ID, your accuracy and other info too. If you click a “bar”, you will jump to the review mode for that cube. More information about the activity tracker and review mode can be found here: https://blog.eyewire.org/activity-tracker/

In regards to this cube, we could surmise that there may be a very thin connection or a “black spill” (dye-darkened area) causing the “gap”.

Best,
M.

Hey Sorek,

I M back with another cube for you to figure out

Please notice the black area between the 2 parts that it says I’ve missed.

I also would not have noticed where the upper continuation to this neuron was, until I hit "review. There IS some blue t the upper portion, but honestly don’t know where they came from.

Thanks again, Sorek,

chairflyer2013

Hi @chairflyer2013,

I removed the picture you included with your post because it seems to be a picture of an evil cube with the solution shown. The evils are intended to be an extra difficult challenge for players, so we don’t really want the solution shown before they are over. :slight_smile: If you still have questions about that specific cube, please email support@eyewire.org and they can help you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey everyone! New to Eyewire, but I think I stumbled across a segment that shouldn’t be attached to the original seed:

Cube #4111216

1 Like

Hi jsimard400

This is indeed a merger. Problem was the short blue seg (between the red ones): AI had added wrongly, and in the meantime a scythe removed it (we call that seed merger).

There are cases, that this seg cannot be removed without also removing much of the correct blue. In this case, AI had “overspilled” and we would leave the wrong seg just in, without tracing the red of course.

If you find other questionable cubes, feel free to post the cube ID in chat, as scouts, scythes, mentors and admins can provide more timely feedback and fix there immediately.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Thanks so much!

Recently got back to Eyewire and still trying to get my head around some mistakes I’m making.

Here’s one I’m stumped on from last night - CUBE #4219538 - visually and along all axes the red portion connects with either the blue or green segment.

Eyewire-2D-AzureJay-2020-07-07T17_48_44Z

Hi AzureJay,

Welcome back! What you’ve encountered here is a small AI merger. The dark blue seed piece has bled over the border into the neighboring nub (where the green piece is and where the red starts to connect).

Sometimes these AI seed mergers are more obvious than others. Changing the axis view (x, y, z) can also help you see borders and continuations.

I’ve included an image here pointing to where the border is as well as showing how the red (in my image green+red squiggles) branch grows backwards out of the cube. This branch runs parallel to the original branch (showing in aqua) which we don’t usually see in neurons.

I hope this helps! Let us know if have any more questions :slight_smile:

Best,
M.

1 Like

Aha, I see! So I ended up tracing the small merger piece, my bad. I’ve seen more obvious AI mergers but this one was sneaky! Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

Alright, I’m stumped on this trace result! It’s CUBE #4251275

This is the (weight 4) trace:

Here I’ve highlighted some of the missing volume in that large gap (light blue):

2D fill 3D-fill

Quite honestly, especially for a cell that wasn’t reaped, I can’t see how one would figure out the yellow branch. I can see where it leads in the overview - but I’m clueless how others were able to figure out this branch continued through that lump. I feel like even if I had explored that would have been a lot of guesswork?

With these things, I always try to follow the branch through the Z plane. Slowly scrolling through the slides, I try to imagine where the branch would lead to, and try to find some clues as to where the branch could be. For instance, in this screenshot, the marked area is roughly where the branch passes through, and if you look closely, you can kind of make out where the branch goes if you scroll around that area.

Sometimes though, there aren’t any hints as to where the branch could lead. In those cases, it may help to compare branch size, shape, and direction of the branch before and after the fuzzy area. From what I’ve seen, usually the branch just goes straight through.

2 Likes

I see, thank you! Seems like something that will take more practice to get a feel for, and more confidence in seeking out missing branches. These are definitely my weakest area right now!

1 Like

It’s not part of the trace, but can anyone tell me what this structure is? (From Bipolar Field 1.92c):