EyeWire Stats - another TamperMonkey script

#681

At least we’re on the same page for what we want to see - as the whole reason for creating the log at the end was to prevent that exact reason (and I feel I brought that issue up, which is why you created it?). So the path of least resistance is to create an option for people to be able to delete their unwanted scouts log entries if that’s ok and possible. I believe it’ll solve other issues all-in-one. @hwaaim I think I might’ve put it in there already, but I could check and add it in if I don’t see it.

#682

Indeed, deleting own entries would be probably the best solution. Sometimes happens, that I reap and right after clicking the reap button (or one of the quick reaps) I see a part, which should be added too and I have to rereap and create another entry just for that missing piece.

2 Likes
#683

Lol, that’s really good and how it should be. One entry per change, really good :). It’s just the other way, two entries for one change, in which the delete is great! Glad we figured that out, I feel I can rest now :sunglasses: @KrzysztofKruk

#684

@KrzysztofKruk remember we were talking a long time ago about adding extra columns and highlighting the rows? I think I might’ve simplified it. I would say to just highlight the cells that have cubes left to complete (in the ‘scouts and scythes needed’ section), so people avoid the ones that have no cubes left. That was cool.

#685

Sure, I remember.
I can add coloring to those cells, which still have some cubes left. The info is already there (in the last column), but I guess, I can make it more visible. But, if you’re saying to highlight instead of showing the numbers, then it won’t be the same, because knowing the numbers makes the difference.
I think, I’ll add coloring to the numbers in the last column - “to SC”, because I’d like to add the new option without removing the old one (color SCed cells) and if I’d add the new coloring to the cells’ names, it would overlap - e.g., if a cell has already at least 50 votes and still has some more cubes to SC, then it wouldn’t be clear, if it should be colored yellow/green or the new color.

EDIT:
Added the option in the v. 2.1.1 It’s turned ON by default.

1 Like
#686

Very cool, seems like you have it covered. From my end, my last column is eyewirers, which is probably why I was confused before lol. I like the idea of adding coloring only to the last column’s numbers instead of the names. That works for me.

I just remembered we were talking about the dilemma of not having space to add in more columns. I think I just figured out a solution: make the pop up wider.

#687

https://i.imgur.com/UHkw4J8.png can’t access cell color picker with the newest redesign, the top boxes are blocked off.

#688

The problem has already been addressed here:

#689

Hi Kruk!
Is that a TM-script “error” ? Not enough space for the number?
custom%20highlight

#690

Nope, the script is fine. Try Ctrl+F5 to hard refresh the page.

#691

uh, didn’t help. Have this since some days

#692

i have custom highligt off in TM, and on in EW settings. Should i change?

#693

Hi susi,

Yes. TM will have the latest version KK has made changes too. The “official EW” one currently has this bug - I’ll pass this report along to Kelv to see if he can do an update.

Best,
M.

1 Like
#694

ah, thanks :slight_smile:

#695

Utilities v. 1.13.1

Added an option to compact the Inspector Panel (turned OFF by default).

Normal Inspector Panel:

compacted version:

After switching the mode, the panel might be too wide/too narrow. Just select another cube and it should be ok.

1 Like
#696

Hi @KrzysztofKruk , it was super cool that one time when we made that eyewire digger script together. I have an idea to improve it if you’re interested (not required, but just a cool thought): having a script that spits out the total # of cells completed.

Right now, I have to do that manually and it would be inaccurate. I can’t do the digger for every cell all the time, as it slows down the regular play for everyone. So I just add to the database, instead of update it. However, a script would provide an accurate count.

Super awesome and a quick, neat challenge! I don’t see it as being hard, as the cells say if they’re complete or not. It’d just be a script that makes a tally of what says ‘complete’.

#697

The script would still have to check each and every cell to check, if it’s complete or not.

#698

I guess it would slow EW down (but it would be faster due to less info collection). Is there a way to just use the API and avoid using the main site for this? Like it goes to each individual website of each cell, puts it into a spreadsheet, and makes a sum? That would be a lot of work.

#699

The amount of info is neglible, the main “cost” are requests and responses. And, actually, there’s no way to get just the status of the cell. There’s an API call, which returns all the info about the cell and the status is amongst other bits. Also, API isn’t something separate from the website. It’s the same server that serves the website, so any API call will add load to the site. The site uses API calls to get everything.
The summing part you can do in the Registry spreadsheet itself. Also, you don’t have to dig through each and every cell everytime you want to update the Registry. Just do it for the last 100 or so cells. That shouldn’t be very expensive for the server.

#700

Ok, this makes sense, so it’s a load no matter what. That would work if I did that in the past. But since I didn’t, I would have to go back and update a lot of it. I’ll just work with what is in the database then, as it’s good enough.