5 Likes

2 Likes

here’s a Preview from my new 48 secs rendered animation, hope you’ll like it :

Final rendered video in HD 1280x720 MP4 format

4 Likes

Well, here’s the animation with and without background:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IlZFAyNhAmqhffYOUNLAeXA59iciLss2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CB53fVcHjG0Q6siRj7PdsGNkSAMp4Ppe

Hope you guys like :smiley: , sent an email to amy+support with the link to the full source files. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@kfay out of curiosity how many dpi did you render in for your 12k pix? thanks :slight_smile:

these are so friggin awesome! I’m trying to catch up on blogs this week to get the mural out - then after that we’d love to post these renders!!

2 Likes

Cool animations @Nseraf !
For my 12K pix it is a 300dpi, for an enlargement in 25k for 150dpi (as 150 is good enough for this kind of render).
I mostly use 300dpi minimum for architectural and design renders.

@amy good to know :slight_smile: really impatient to see the blog post !

2 Likes

Thanks ^^ vue gets its sweet time but produces some incredble results. :smiley:

1 Like

lol we all know zfish/neo neurons are and will be larger than ew ones but I don’t think anyone’s had a visual comparison of how large. So image below is a screenshot from the software I made animation with and software I’m making a 30k, 50k aaaaaaaand 100k renders in (30k and 50k are ew neurons, 100k is neo neurons) :smiley: i have not decreaased or increased size of the neurons, they are as imported which means they are as exported from OMNI or whatever other software ew/princeton labs are storing and manipulating them in, which means that unless they change size after they are sized from dataset (I hope this lengthly and convoluted description makes sense lol! :stuck_out_tongue: :D)

4 Likes

Awesome ! Didn’t know we were able to download obj from museum :slight_smile:
This tall difference is just crazy :dizzy_face: So when we watch at a Neo nub, it’s kinda a EW cellbody !

2 Likes

kinda but not exactly lol

Here’s my large (huge) renders, 30k+50k ew cells, 10k, 30k, 50k neo cells, I had to abandon the 100k render because although it’s rendered, it doesn’t export/save from photoshop or it exports a 22gb file which is not really usable…by anyone and I am not pleased with render image alone so I downgraded it to 50k and all good lol.

Warning: download the large image files to your pc, don’t try to view them from browser, in your pc depending on specs it might take some time to load the image(s) and/or it might cause temp freeze. After it loads try zooming in and enjoy! lol

The 1980 version should be easy to view from browser and/or pc and assuming anyone likes these, can be used for desktop background.
Render info:

32000 x 10000
600dpi

516 cells in total: Starbursts and Bipolar cells.
56M polys. (+smoothing)

50.000x20.000
600dpi
516 cells in total: Starbursts and Bipolar cells.
72M polys. (+smoothing)

10.000x8000
300dpi neo neurons
50M polys (+smoothing)

30k neo render
600dpi
50M polys (+smoothing)

50k neo render
600dpi
50M polys (+smoothing)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cRuyiqrFEvvx0G3iPyGOQ8UOOa5l9QLk

Hope you guys like! :smiley:

4 Likes

And a visual of how Bps+SBs cells are in the dataset (and what you’re seeing in the renders.)

(screenshots from eyewire museum)
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

nice, but having some trouble with loading the pictures on my computer

1 Like

ty, Why i created the smaller sized ones, lol. try the 30k one (or 10k) and leave it to load lol don’t try to do anything else at the same time and try closing chrome if opened, give computer extra resources. :slight_smile:

awesome :slight_smile:
Had no problems downloading 4 of them, but made error when downloading 50k neo render: “file-format is probably not supported”. No problems with 50k render 1980.
The colors could be a bit more colorful ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

what you mean with boutons? CB-s seen in pic ??

1 Like

BPs have a stalk ending in lots of boutons. 30k image has the stalks, 50k has the boutons (lost in all the dendrites and synapses lol)