Secret Santa 2018!

Nurro and his elves have made the matches for the 5th annual! Annual Eyewire Secret Santa! They will arrive via email today. All who participate will get a surprise gift from their match as well as the official Eyewire 2018 Christmas Card. Remember, sign your name on the present but don’t tell your match that you are their secret santa before it arrives!

The gifts will ship starting Dec 13, so yours may arrive after Xmas if it’s going international. When it does arrive, post it here! And feel free to post pics of your packages going into the :slight_smile:

For the holiday science spirit,
Amy

2 Likes

Random Holiday Survey Results!

Pop vs Carols

Fake vs Real Snow

Eyewirer Christmas Movie Playlist:

• Night Before Christmas
  • Christmas Vacation or It’s a Wonderful Life
  • Die Hard
  • Can’t remember, but it’s the movie where at the end, the person delivers a check right before the clock strikes the last click for midnight, otherwise it’s Richie Rich’s Christmas Wish
  • love actually
  • What We Do in the Shadows
  • White Christmas
  • Love actually
  • Polar Express
  • The Holiday
  • Home Alone 1 and 2
  • Probably the 2000 “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”
2 Likes

Cards from HQ are in the mail to the secret Santa participants!

3 Likes

Thank you so much@jonesgirlferrell for all of the wonderful goodies from Maine! I can’t wait to make some whoopie pies and lobster & moose cookies!

4 Likes

Nice! Have fun!

1 Like

@SpookyGrowly Thanks for my puzzle - My students and I will love trying it!

5 Likes

No problem!! I hope you’ll enjoy solving it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks MelissaD774 for the wonderful hand made copper tree ornament and vacuum tube necklace!

I used to have a tube amplifier that I really liked, so I especially love the use of the tube for the pendant.

Merry Grimsmas and Happy New Year of the Boar!
kinryuu

5 Likes

I got a really special gift. Lots of thought and care. Had to use my brain (which is tricky to make a gift do, as we get lots of brain exercises from playing on Eyewire) to open the gift, which was super awesome. The gift’s profits get donated to preserving wildlife. Will post pictures in a few. @SpookyGrowly Someone whispered to me that your gift in arriving in the mail. Idk who said.

1 Like

Oh hmmmmmm wonder who… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

ok, here are the pic’s. Thanks @Atani for the gifts

3 Likes

You’ll have to let me know how you get on with the marmite! I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to try it, lol.

2 Likes

@Atani I couldn’t wait and bought it before the package arrived. Staying away from it is all I can say

1 Like

I had a super secret santa this year too: eyewire @HQ !

2 Likes

Alright so I finally had some time to actually sit down and post my secret santa gift! And the big reveal is:

It’s a f a s c i n a t i n g USB drive…hmm…what is in it?

None other than a number of biology notes and lab reports!! I found that super neat because not only will it help me to look at during college as review , but some of them also gave me flashbacks to my bio classes as well :sweat_smile: the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell :dumpling:

I had talked about music in my bio, and apparently my secret santa indeed looked up the bands I mentioned and they provided a playlist of the songs they liked from those bands. If you’re reading this: those were some excellent choices :grin:

Anyway I apologize that this is so late–I’d been swamped with finals the past few days–but just wanted to say that was one of the most thoughtful gifts I’ve ever gotten. Thank you so much–you know who you are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That sounds really funny, you’re like ‘I waited this long for a flash drive’. But like all of those sci-fi movies, that little device sends people on such a journey! Guess good things come in small packages. Glad your secret santa (whoever it is) treated you to such a cherishable gift.

1 Like

I got a flash drive too… two of them in fact!

Double trouble :stuck_out_tongue: The 32GB capacity of each one is more than I could have asked for.
Thank you kinryuu for the lovely gift; this is the second year you’re sending me something and it’s amazing as usual.

Also a warm thank you for the music you put on one of the drives, it’s a really nice surprise!

2 Likes

Yay! Glad it arrived!

1 Like

You’re welcome Xnopyt, hope you like the music!