Gallery of amusements

If this merger’s goal was to hide in the cell until completion, it wasn’t very successful. What is that even?

2 Likes

Looks like glia or maybe a part of a bipolar cell.

1 Like

There was a monster lurking in the seas of Treasure 128… cheers to the work of our brave scouts who found this monster! (Even if it did crash my game at least five times)

2 Likes

This is what we call a cell body carpet merger. Considered by some to be the most fearsome of mergers!

1 Like

I didn’t know, that these blocky fused mergers could also occur in the normal EyeWire dataset. I’ve only ever seen them in zfish

Here’s an image from the complete thing in an adjacent cube, notice the straight cutoff line.

3 Likes

All the current Outer Realms cells together. You can see how the cells have their dendrites in different layers of the dataset.

PS. I should mention that I used the /add-cell cell ID command in chat to do this. You can type /debug into chat to get the cell ID of a cell. Be careful with /add-cell as it may crash your Eyewire tab if there are too many cells. Thanks to our player devs (KK & crazyman) for this unique tool!

4 Likes

Parsecs have made me SO grateful for heat maps. I want to call these cluster headaches instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

1 Like

Found a skull fossil. :stuck_out_tongue:

How about a little strawberry? Or is it a pepper…

2 Likes

I came across a little heart…

…colored in red.

2 Likes

Colorful Carpet Merger

2 Likes

A child’s face to make you smile. (Unless it’s 1:30am in the morning and you’re not expecting to see a face when you look at the 2D…)

face1

2 Likes

Merry Christmas @all !

4 Likes

5 Likes

Axon winding around a trunk of another neuron (#4498479)

5 Likes

#2467596 - here starts probably the most difficult branch, I’ve ever traced. It’s a ZFish branch. Looks quite thick and straight, but every cube was a challenge and if I made it all correctly, it would be a miracle :smiley:
I’m putting it here, in the Gallery of amusements, because near the end, I was laughing, how constantly difficult this branch was :smiley:

Oh my, that sure is one tough little branch! I think one of the hardest - if not the hardest - cells I’ve ever traced was Syke’s Share (ID 84654, root cube #4347319). I had to guess a lot and I’m really not sure if I got everything correct.

Also, I believe you have a mistake in #4281952: If I am correct, green is the backtrace of your trace in picture 1. In picture 2, green is the correct extension in my opinion.

lol, you’re right. I knew, there’s something wrong with the branch from the beginning. Looks, like the branch itself was wrong :smiley: On the plus side, there’s still a chance, it’ll resurface sometime in the future and someone will already have it traced (if the rest is correct, lol). Well, back to the drawing board :smiley:

1 Like

I found Polish flag :smiley: :poland:

5 Likes