Eyewire the Movie

What are some ideas as to how Eyewire could be turned into a movie? Dragonturtle gave one, where it’s like Tron when a person goes into Eyewire. My idea is that an AI watches everyone play in real time and learns to become a supercomputer beyond most ones these days. What’s your idea?

1 Like

deleted post

3 Likes

May the AI be with you.

2 Likes

May the ‘for science’ be with you! too

2 Likes

People can be playing the game on the computer and then be sucked in, Jumanji style, into the world of Eyewire, where that have to dodge large neurons swinging at them (like vines) and marvel at new ones getting made. Maybe they can see people on their computers trying to play the game, but only behind a screen, because they’re in the game.

2 Likes

deleted post

2 Likes

I love it and would totally watch it! Sounds like a documentary, but I could see it as an action film too (especially the societal benefits part). Maybe both?!

2 Likes

deleted post

1 Like

I know this is completely unrelated, but I just can’t stop noticing XD

3 Likes

sounds like a fun film to watch @tr77

2 Likes

deleted post

1 Like

deleted post

1 Like

Yes! Like that Mars show on National Geographic (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/mars/). Also, can’t go wrong with adding some science in there too :slight_smile:. Like maybe they google scholar search some Eyewire scholarly articles and the people from the Seung Lab or users look and read them until they get to something interesting, and they say, “see this? This does enter scientific explanation here. This is why we did what we did!”, kind of NASA documentary style.

1 Like

I love how it became a thing. Kind of something interesting to see when the webpage load and it pops up there :slight_smile:

1 Like

And do not forget the new computer that works like a brain

2 Likes

deleted post

Like if we put the brain that EW recreated in a computer and got it to run like a neural network and we see it advances computing 10 fold?

2 Likes

TR77: “after watching it again (tron) i really, really, really want to ride a light cycle up and down the branches of neurons in ew”

3 Likes

Attack of the Killer Neurons (instead of attack of the killer tomatoes)

2 Likes

Maybe, feeding off the tron idea, there’s an arena (a real Eyewire Cup), where people build neuron branches to get to the cup. Some people just work on small sections, while the dragons, with their EW powers, build larger branches. Each branch is like a step that people would step on to reach the top (some people get to dead ends, but if a neuron is complete, they could start working on the next one). But the cliffhanger is that the ending’s unknown as to who wins, especially when people form teams and start in different places.

3 Likes