EyeWire Stats - another TamperMonkey script

looks like it works for me so far

1 Like

all good Kruk, annkri helped me to install correctly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh myā€¦ so much to read :robot:
Impatient to find all new stuff you added ! Thank you a lot for all the work you still put in Eyewire :hugs::sunglasses:

1 Like

Just found ā€œAuto Completeā€ and ā€œCompacted versionā€ :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

hey @KrzysztofKruk !

Iā€™m back on the forum since a while. I do not know if the wuestion as already been asked but i would like to know if a script like this could be :

A button to hide/unhide parents or childs in the OV for having a better view on tha branch iā€™m scything and minimize the loading ressources by the same time. Is that could be possible ?
I ask because these days thereā€™s many fully bubbles Parsec and itā€™s a bit full to have a correct look at.

Thank in advance for the answer (or not) :grinning: :upside_down_face:

Hey @Kfay !

Funny, that you asked about it. I proposed more or less the same script for the newest Hacker here - @bl4ckscor3 :smiley:

Not sure, if itā€™s possible, but it would certainly be useful.

Ho my ā€¦ :star_struck: Always so fast to answer ! Thatā€™s exactly that !
Are you investigating if itā€™s possible ??

I took a quick look into the source code of EW. I think, it might be possible, but Iā€™m not sure, for now.

1 Like

I have not taken a look at this yet, due to spending basically all of my EyeWire time on Hallow X-mas, but itā€™s certainly something that would be very useful to have.

Yeah, pretty much the same.

Please please pleeeeaaase hackers :star_struck: :blush: :innocent: :innocent: :kissing: :upside_down_face: :hugs: :partying_face:
As i have a veryyyy slow internet bandwidth (8Mbitsā€¦ just for info old and first internet was 512Kbits) this would really save me a bunch of hours completing cells :crazy_face:

@Kfay I had a couple of ideas and checked them all, but none of them worked, unfortunately. Maybe there is a way, but, for now, I donā€™t know, how to do it.
I feel your pain with the slow connection, having myself 20Mbps. And a cell, when itā€™s fully loaded (level 3 of details) can take several hunders of MBs. For now, when Iā€™m going to complete a cell, I open it, zoom in on the main trunk and do some other stuff for a couple of minutes waiting until itā€™s, more or less, fully loaded.
As for better visibility, you can use the X-highlight feature (described somewhere earlier in this thread) or Custom Highlight in some dark color the branches, you donā€™t want to see in a given time.

I was able, however, to bring back to life my scripts, that were dependent on a server side hosting: Statistics, Profile History and Extended Profile.
The Statistics works, but the new server is quite slow so it may take half a minute or even a few tries to display the Top 100 lists.

2 Likes

Not be sorry for trying :wink: I know if it would be possible, you do !
I already use color trick when i need, thanks to show me me and color buttons !
And i do the same as you apparently :laughing: i always let the OV to load a max for over an hour. So i have to scythe on the same unique cell, and i change cell only when iā€™m done. But it take me quite a long time. :expressionless:
Thatā€™s also the reason why i do not play on cells, it take me too much time to load a cube.

I decided to buy a 100Gb 4G data /month specifically for Eyewire ! :partying_face: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Turning on the Preload cube option helps a little bit with normal playing, but other than that, yeah, only higher speeds can help.

1 Like

Well yeah, it help as much as it can :sweat_smile: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thank you KK for bringing those scripts back! :smile: Iā€™m guessing that stats collection began when you revived them, correct?

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:
Iā€™ve collected manually all the data since the last time, the scripts were online. Now the data is collected automatically at 6:05AM UTC for the day before (so, 1:05AM in HQ. Iā€™ve set that time, to prevent any problems with time savings).
Thereā€™s still the discrepancy between my data and the official one (visible in each userā€™s profile), but I donā€™t know, whatā€™s the reason for that. The difference is mainly for the players, that are/were with EW from the beginning, but it isnā€™t very big as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

@kfay, @bl4ckscor3 (Iā€™m tagging you because Iā€™ve proposed similar idea in your topic), @others - I wasnā€™t able to find THE solution, but I found A solution:

Cell Loader v. 1.0.1.0
https://github.com/ChrisRaven/EyeWire-Cell-Loader/raw/main/cell_loader.user.js

What does it do
Loads a cell with full details right from the beginning, without loading the two intermediate levels, no matter the distance from the cell. Shows a loading progress counter.

How it can help
You can open a cell, wait until itā€™s fully loaded and then check the cubes in it, without the need to additional loading, when youā€™re traversing through the branches.
After the initial load, the only things, that will load are slices, when you enter a cube, chat messages and full meshes for any new cubes thatā€™ll spawn after the loading.

How to use it

1. Open a cell
  2. Wait until the counter in the bottom right corner reaches the size of the cell
  3. Inspect.

During the whole loading, youā€™ll only see the blank cubes and when the loading finishes, the whole cell will show on its own.

If you want to turn the script off, click on the counter. It will turn gray and the script will be turned off (everything will work normally). Click it again to turn the script on (the counter should be back to white). The state of the script is stored in the localStorage, so you can turn it off, refresh the page or close the browser and when youā€™ll come back, itā€™ll still be turned off. Itā€™s turned on by default.

IMPORTANT
DO NOT zoom in and out during loading. The cell will still load correctly, but itā€™ll take longer. Everytime you zoom in or out, the meshes thatā€™ve been being currently loaded or pending will be invalidated and the loading for them will start again (itā€™s actually true even when you donā€™t use the script at all).

Performance
Iā€™ve done a couple of tests to see, if it does have any sense. For each test Iā€™ve limited my network connection to 5Mbps to simulate even slower speed, than I currently have. Here are the results:
Cell 1.44 - 799 cubes (complicate meshes): 5 minutes, 170MB
Cell 1.46 - 1398 cubes (simple branches, the biggest cell at the moment of testing): 8 minutes, 288MB
Cell 1.49 - 1126 cubes: 7 minutes, 278MB
However, when I didnā€™t know about the issue with zooming in/out and I was zooming very frequently during loading, I had these results for 1.46: 23 minutes, 762MB.

I was thinking that with a cell fully loaded to the highest details there might be some stuttering during moving throughout the cell, but I havenā€™t had any issues with that and my computer isnā€™t the fastest one (i7-4710HQ, gtx860M (4GB), 16GB RAM).
I also havenā€™t had any issues with memory. Actually, when only the highest details are loaded, the cell might take even less memory than without the script.

How it works
When determining, what level of details to load, the system measures the distance between the camera and each cube. The script overwrites the measuring function and now it returns the same (small) value for each measurement.

Known issues
There are many small problems, but I donā€™t think I will be fixing them, because they shouldnā€™t distrupt the playing. The issues are (amongst others):

• If you change a cell during loading, the system will still load all the cubes, that had been being loaded or in pending at the moment of changing (itā€™s normal in EW, no matter, if the script is installed or not).Because the counter shows all the cubes being loaded, it will show that the number of cubes loaded is larger than the number of cubes in the cell (for example, 500/800).
  • When you inspect a cube, the number of loaded cubes will reset and will show 0 (so thereā€™ll be something like 500/0).
  • When a cube has been spawned after reloading the page/switching the cell, the counter will show the new spawned cubes, but wonā€™t refresh the total number of cubes (so it might be something like 500/504, when 4 new cubes has been spawned).
  • If you change the cell (without reloading the page) the counter showing the number of cubes in the cell might be a little smaller than the real value (ex. 516 instead of 522 - values I had during the testing). Thtaā€™s how EW presents the data.

Best practices

• As I said before, donā€™t zoom while loading
  • Refresh the page after changing the cell (to have the correct counter and to prevent potential loading of cubes from the previous cell, if it hasnā€™t been fully loaded before switching).

What you can change in the code on your own
To make any changes in the script, click on the TamperMonkey icon and go to the Dashboard. On the list find ā€œCell Loaderā€ and click on the name. Make any changes and press Ctrl+S to save changes. Refresh EW page to apply the changes.

• You might want to change the level of defails to be loaded. For normal play, the lowest level of details might be sufficient and will make the loading much faster.
    To make the change go to line 110, where it says ā€œreturn 1000;ā€ and change the number to something else:
    ** 1200 and lower will give you the highest level of details,
    ** anything between 1200 (excluded) and 2400 (included) will set the level of details to mid,
    ** 2400 (excluded) and higher will set the level to the lowest.
  • If you made any changes in the script and donā€™t want them to be overwritten, if an update will came, go to line 4 and change the version number to something high (ex. 100.0).

Phew, writing of this post probably took longer than writing the script :smiley:
Enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Wooooo man ! :partying_face:
this is soooo coool ! I just tried and so now it fully loads the 1.46 with 1439 cubes in 27 minutes
Significantly better ! :star_struck: :star_struck: :hugs:
This save a lot of data !

iā€™ll try later to load a full on my new 4G cell network, for the moment i have a lot to scythe :grin: :upside_down_face:

by the way, thereā€™s another thing cool ! The OV works a lot better when i navigate after the full load. Without the script, i always have refresh and fps lag, but not anymore !
This really will save me a bunch of hours :vulcan_salute:
iā€™ll let you know if thereā€™s any issue

Edit : i was asking for changinf the quality levelā€¦ but you already think about it ! you cowboy ! :partying_face:

Again thank you a lot ! :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:
Iā€™m really glad, that you like it. I think, I will use it a lot too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes