Screen shot

I must be missing something, but I’ve not figured out how to take a “screen shot” and post on one of these boards.

Anyone one be able to help me out here?

Thanks in advanced.

chairflyer2013@yahoo.com (for email)
(member-name - chairflyer2002@yahoo.com

There is no built-in feature to take and upload screenshots in EyeWire (yet). You have to use the same approach you would use in other situations… In case you don’t take screenshots that often, probably the best description can be found here: www.take-a-screenshot.org/

To upload/edit my images really quick I use www.imgur.com. You don’t have to sign up there, it supports uploads directly from the clipboard (that means you can skip the part with Paint) and even has a nice collection of basic editing tools :slight_smile:

Thanks nk em,

I appreciate the screen-shot link.  I am honestly still having a problem doing it, but it may just be me being slow to learning new tricks.  Like you said, I don’t do screen-shots often, so I can only hope practice will make (at least near) perfect. 

chairflyer2013@yahoo.com

It’ll get better with practice, good luck!

rprentki,

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I guess I WAS actually asking how to do screen-shots here on eye-wire.
Again, if anyone could give me any tricks of the trade, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

What type of computer/ OS are you using?  Most computers have a PrtScn (Print Screen) button.  Certainly the fastest way to screenshot something, but it will capture the entire window you have open.

rprentki,

An HP w/ windows 8 and thru CHROME  I get the print screen key idea, but - dense as I am - what is done after the prt/key?

Hey!

So you can upload your image to imagur.com and then put it here in the forum.  You can either just post the link, or if you want to be fancy and put the image in your post, click on the little picture (sort of looks like a polaroid, 3rd icon from the right) on the little toolbar above the chat box.  You put the link for imagur in the pop up box that appears when you click on the picture icon, and the picture will appear in your post.

Good luck!

Tiny addition: imgur.com is the correct link - without ‘a’. :wink:

Thanks nkem!