Scale added to 3D view

Sometimes it would be useful to know the exact level of a 2D slice so that one could return to it.  I think the easiest way to add this feature would be to show a scale on the Y axis of the 3D display cube, on one of the front edges, with arbitrary units.  Doable?

josephr
+ 1

I think this has already been mentioned before, but i'll upvote it as it's a good feature request. An alternative site would be to add a vertical bar to one side of the screen so that the approximate location can be clicked - it might be easier than modifying the 3d widget.

The vertical bar would be fine. Anything that allows the user to tag a specific level on the 3D construct and return to it later would serve.

josephr

Maybe I don’t understand what you guys are asking for.  How does this differ from the yellow plane in the 3d which shows where the current slice is?

replying to Balkamm of April 30:  Sometimes, after completing a task, I wish to go back and recheck a particular level.  I would like to be able to mark that level in some way rather than have to search for it. A scale showing the vertical location of the yellow plane would do it.  One could record the scale reading and return to it.

Josephr