Request: "Contrast" selector

Well, when I’m tracing, sometimes to help see if it’s really part of the trace or not, I’d add an adjacent pathway to see if I missed a branch or my branch is false, or whatnot. I’d have to remove it before I hit submit so that I don’t send false data. What I’m suggesting is another control (my suggestion: middle mouse button/mouse3) that does the same as adding a segment, but instead it’s colored yellow or violet or such, a different color from the real trace, that is removed when submitting, instead of sent with the data.

Thoughts?

I’m not entirely sure I understand how you are using this.  What does selecting the adjacent branch help you see?  Are you just selecting it as a possible option?

@balkamm Sometimes selecting something that’s not there helps you see what is–you’re not necessarily selecting the piece as a possible option, but if the boundaries are unclear, building stuff in the 3D can help you figure stuff out.

@alicemargatroid I like the idea, but I wonder if having that option might confuse some people.  Something you might like is being able to deselect things in the 3D.  Ctrl+click lets you deselect stuff in the 3D.  

Huh, I didn’t know that. That’s really neat. Well, I think if it’s explained in the tutorial it might avoid that issue of confusion, or even a simple disclaimer before hitting submit saying “Parts of the cube in yellow will not be submitted. Proceed?” With yes, no, and yes, don’t show me this message again.