Recipe Thread 2020

Since many of us are home for Coronavirus quarantine, suddenly there is time to cook! Here is a thread where we can share some of favorite recipes.

Made these this weekend and watch out they’re dangerous!

Hazelnut-brown-butter brownies

We make this chuck roast and eat off it for days. I add celery, parsnips, and baby potatoes to the veggie mix.

My mom made this spicy sichuan fried chicken over the weekend and loved it, think I will try this week!

2 Likes

I made pineapple-upside down cake last night. Here is a recipe version using a box cake mix or you can find other recipes on the internet to make it from scratch too!

2 Likes

Two ingredient snacks:

• So easy, my go-to: rip a date in half, take out the seed, put in a pecan, close, done: Date sandwich!
  • hazelnut milk: add water to hazelnuts and blend. Done!
  • Eggplant chips: slice eggplant width-wise. Add a little coconut oil and roast.
  • cucumber radish tiny sandwich: slice cucumbers and radishes width-wise, alternate layers and eat.
  • chia pudding: add any milk to chia seeds and let rest 5 minutes. Eat. If thick, add more milk

Many ingredients:

• mushroom pizza: add fresh squeezed tomatoes to an upside down portobello cap. Add cheese on top.
  • key lime pie: date+pecan - crust, avocado+lime - filling, coconut shreds - topping
  • apple dessert: slice apple width-wise, add raisins, cinnamon, almonds, and lime juice between slices
  • ‘beef’ mushroom stroganoff:
    -nutritional yeast
    -carrots preferred, or red/orange bell pepper
    -sour cream - good karma brand
    -chanterelle preferred, or shiitake, baby bella, portobello
    -beyond meat ground beef crumbles (or fake meat alternative)
    -american cheese
    -hungarian paprika
    -gluten free pasta (corn-based, preferably ronzoni rigatoni, but better barilla - vegan; banza?)
    -opt - fresh parsley
    *Instructions
    -*cook pasta, add fake meat, add cheese and sour cream, add mushroom, add carrot.
    -*Not cooking - add nutritional yeast, paprika, and parsley
1 Like

Ok, I’ll say my secret - I have a meal replacement powder that doesn’t take up much space and just eat by the spoonful to not wash dishes. Small and quick enough for the situation we’re in and everyday! So not many recipes that I make these days, but I still dream them to share :slight_smile:

You know I tried it last week and it tastes great!
Just curious if you have any good recipes for the indoor grill?
I mean I think I’ve tried every recipe I knew for it. So now I’m starving for fresh ideas.
P.S. My grill is pretty similar to this one.

Thanks for these recipes!
I will try to make at least some of this.
Later I’ll tell you what I made :upside_down_face:

1 Like

if you made any, let me know

I posted my entire recipe collection on my personal website: Recipes - Futuristic Minimalist Millennial