Proper perspective

Can you introduce proper perspective in 3D view?

I’m not sure I understand, what do you mean by proper perspective?

Precisely, increase Field of View angle to make 3d view appear more natural.

FOV 5 degrees

FOV 15 degrees

FOV 35 degrees

FOV 90 degrees

My guess is that current FOV is ~5 degrees. It looks as if we observe 3d cube through binoculars. Would be nice to increase it some more. Acceptable FOV for 3d applications is ~35 degrees.

Will look into it, but we are varying the fov for zoom. I will try moving the camera closer to the origin to make the base fov start around 35 degrees.

I am not an expert on this topic. What I know is that application such as SketchUp keeps its set FOV throughout every scene and is changed manually to fit purposes other than zooming.

Set the initial FOV to 20 degrees, let me know what you think.

I don’t plan on keeping a constant FOV for zooming because doing so requires moving the camera along the camera’s axis. This shifts the clipping frustum along the camera’s axis , so what when one zooms in too far objects of interest are no longer displayed.

Programs like Sketch-up get around this by varying the clipping frustum, but this is too costly for us & probably not worth it.

It looks much better IMO. Lines that should not appear parallel (due to perspective) no longer seem so. Its much more natural. Previously it seemed as if they were either parallel or that vanishing point is almost behind spectator.

Starting FOV of 35 wouldnt hurt… if current is 20… then gradually decrease it when zooming… would be much better than it was.
Thanks for considering this.

Cool feature! It does look better.