Opacity Toggle ( ...or Side-by-Side View ? )

As I’m tracing, I find that I toggle the opacity back and forth between, say, 50% and 0%, as a ‘before-after’ comparison – this helps to distinguish between the boundary of my current segmentation and features in the image. 

1) With the current key setup, it requires several key-strokes to toggle between my preferred opacity and ‘off’ - could there be another key-assigned to toggle between those two states? 

2) Going a little further - a side-by-side view  [ left: image+segmentation | right: image only ] would provide a similar function - and since the left & right imagery would be synchronized you should be able to avoid increasing the bandwidth.  

I use the opacity in a similar fashion. I figure a side by side view could do wonders.

Personally, I would prefer to have a few more image adjustment options that can show the segmentation in a more clear fashion. The simplest has already been cited by the OP, which is to have a hotkey toggle between the coloured and native states.

A more involved method could use a complex ROP (Raster OPeration) that would show the segmentation colour where it overlays grey background, but change to another colour where it overlays black segments, although this would impose an additional client side computational load as it requires constructing a new bitmap to display instead of an overlay operation.

A thumb up from me, it would be nice to be able to toggle the opacity with a single stroke, additionally in my own case, I would like to be able to toggle between 50%, 15% and 0%, so perhaps ideally provide a way for users to define their own keyboard mapping to eyewire functions.

Side by side comparison would do wonders too.

I tweaked some settings in my display properties and found that adjusting the gamma can be useful.