No feedback after submitting anymore?

Until a few days ago after submitting my best guess areas I overlooked
were colored purple and areas I wrongly marked were colored red.

Since I started at Eyewire only a week ago, this kind of feedback was very useful to me.

Now apart from the awarded points there is no feedback anymore and I can no longer learn from my mistakes.

Is that a bug? Or a feature? Can I have the feedback back?

Cheers

Uli

Looks like you’ve finished the tutorials and are now marking real images :slight_smile:   So… although you don’t get that feedback anymore, you’ll find you get better and better at deciding what you should or shouldn’t mark.  Welcome to Eyewire :slight_smile:

Welcome Uli!

The reason we can’t give you feedback anymore is because you guys are constructing a cell that has never been put together before, so until you guys do it, we don’t actually know what the answer is.

…where no man has gone before…

Go boldly, and good luck!

We are looking into ways to provide more of an extended training period for people who don’t feel ready to jump in head first.  Maybe some sort of mentoring thing where you can work on a cube with someone else, or only giving cubes that we are fairly certain about the answers at first and showing you the difference between what you did and what some of our community experts did.  Any thoughts you guys had along these lines, might help clarify our thinking going forward.

This is only partially related, but one thing that confuses me is that after you click ‘check my work’ and it shows you your work colored with ‘missing’ and ‘correct’ in blue and green, respectively (there is a red box labeled ‘incorrect,’ but since it isn’t the tutorial nothing is shaded red). The bits that are marked in blue are the parts that are already colored when you start the cube, and what I presume to be the parts that others have already identified. I assume that the green parts are what you have added beyond what others have identified. That being the case (I presume, please correct me if I am wrong), it would seem that the color labels need to be titled differently as the words used do not match what the colors indicate. Also, if you right click on the green areas you can turn them blue – what are you doing when you do that? Removing things that upon review do not seem to be part of the cell? You can also turn them green again by right clicking (or clicking; I forgot, as I have not played since last night, and that was my first time).

I think you might still be in the tutorial.  The only feedback you get once you are into the regular game are points.

Yeah, I was still in the tutorial.