New changes?

Jeez I hate being a pain in the arse, but I came online today and things feel rather different (I haven’t played for a few days). Has loading changed again? I’m not having much luck loading up the cube at all.  Last time I played I would start a cube and wait for 30 seconds or so for it to load, and then start working. Now it seems like it never really loads up, and each slice I go to is lo-res for a considerable amount of time before loading the hi-res image. I’m not finding it practical to work on if I have to wait for each slice to load. Is it something I’m doing?     I’m working on OS X in Chrome with a tablet.  Feel free to let me know if it’s me :slight_smile:

Incidentally, I get this slow behaviour when working in the default cell or when I choose a different one.

Sorry… you must be sick of hearing from me :stuck_out_tongue:  Cheers from New Zealand :slight_smile:

Not at all @smalljude, always appreciate the reports.

I feel like I’ve also noticed this, but it’s very subjective so I didn’t dig into it. I think it may be related to the server loss we suffered a week or two ago. We now have a significantly smaller cache size, so cubes are loading from disk more often (much slower). In addition we have 1/3 the servers available to serve up slices, but with our current number of users I don’t think this is an issue. We are working on getting more servers online over the next two weeks, I guess we’ll see if that helps with the issue.

Ah that sounds like it must be it. I’ll just bear with it and see how it is in a few weeks :slight_smile: thanks.