Merge issues in SAC#1

Hi, I am coming across a number of merge issues in the SAC#1 cell. I “skipped” at least 5 cells in the last 24 hours because something looked wrong. I took some screen shots of the latest area that I think may be an incorrect AI merger. See pics attached. In general, is there a specific forum area where we should report these potential mergers? Thanks. 

I imagine that with such a large influx of players recently, the eyewire team may be swamped. Anything we can do to help?

Here’s another AI merger in SAC#1. The ‘leg’ on the bottom hits the cube boundary and this leg continues into the cube below.

Third suspicious cube with possible merged cells

The two branches that come up from the cube border appear to be separate at this point. They could be joined in the cube prior, but based on this cube I would say they are separate. Also, the join merge point does not make a smooth curve as if bisected by another cell.

Additionally, one of the branches seems to have parts of another cell. This sometimes happens and can be ignored. The problem here is that this occurs on a cube boundary.

Definite merger.

@readingite  re: your second post.   The devs recently changed something about how new tasks are spawned.  So now it’s possible that you may get two separate seed pieces in one cube (like in the image you posted).  There’s not a way for you to be able to tell which one might be the right one (or if they’re both right).  So I’d do them both.  If you manage to catch an admin in the chat we can check for you.

Also I’m linking this thread to the now closed Another Merge Error thread.  Keep these mergers coming.

reposted from Jerryam in the  Misplaced dendrite?  thread.

In the
overview there appears to be a long misplaced dendrite attached to no
other part of the cell. It is marked in the image by arrows. It is much
easier to see when manipulating the 3D image. I hope this helps.

@jerryam  You spotted a merger in the overview. You’re right in realizing that branch is different from the others and doesn’t belong.  We’ve since fixed that merger and gotten rid of the problem.  Please keep an eye out for future issues!

There appears to be another merge error in SAC #1. (I only realized it after I had gotten 1000 points for working on it. That just didn’t seem right.)

Thanks for the heads up jerryam!

I believe there may be yet another merge error on the SAC #1 overview. It arches out of the plane of the other dendrites and is not attached to anything near the cell body. It is difficult to trace completely in the overview, but it appears that the distal end is not attached either, nor does it appear to make any contact with correct dendrites. Again, I hope this helps.

I suspect that this extension of the SAC #1 cell, being worked on now, is not correct.

Hi

another amacrine cell (different type) has “grown” in the periphery of SAC#1
see image
it’s neat but clearly has a different fractal pattern and should be separated somehow

Oh that is an ugly merger.  It  looks like the GrimReaper took care of that already though!

Catch it while it’s only starting! Just finished the highlighted cube and it had obvious bleeding edges to two other parallel running dendrites from other cells. The dendrite to be traced continues for a bit after the cube (difficult to trace) but ends in a stump within the same cube.

Thanks guys!