"Lost connection to chat server"

When I started playing eyewire at school, the chat worked just fine. When I started playing at home, I’ve always gotten the “Lost connection to chat server” message. My internet connection here is a little buggy, so I thought that’s what it was. However, nothing else seems to be slowed down by a potential internet problem, and it has been consistent on my home internet connection. Everything else on eyewire works fine, it’s just the chat. Is there something I could do to correct this problem? I miss chat.

Hi nicelizreu,

our servers were under a lot of stress from all the new users last week.  My hunch is that is what was causing your issue with chat.  Can you tell me if it’s working better this week?  If not I’ll try and figure out what’s going on.

I just got on today (3/11), and I’m still having the same issue.

Ugh, that stinks, which broswer are you using?

I am using google chrome.

I was at school again today (also on chrome) and chat was working just fine. Still having problems at home.

Hmm, echo says it might be a router problem.  He recommends forwarding port 2569.  How you do that will depend on your specific router, so you’ll have to google it.

That sounds a little beyond my level of expertise, but I’ll see what google can tell me and work on it tonight. Thanks.

Yeah sorry about this business with the chat.  I noticed my laptop at home was doing something similar (booting me off the chat frequently, but it’d always let me back on eventually).   Closing a couple of tabs on my laptop helped the problem some.