Loading times

I am loathe to be a pain in the arse again, but I wondered if there was any update about image loading.  It’s so slow for me that it’s rather hard to spend time on Eyewire (and I love to spend time on Eyewire!).  I notice that the points tables are really high, so that leads me to think that other people are having no problem.  Perhaps it’s just a problem for me. Right now it’s a good couple of minutes before I can see the hi-rez images, so I’m not getting the speed that I used to.   It’s the same whether there are a lot or a few people online.    Sorry… I know you’re swamped with a lot more important things.

No problem.  We are addressing this as we speak.  We are in the process of moving over to a CDN so that the tiles are delivered from locations around the world.  We are hoping to have this online in the next week or so.  That should mean that loading times are faster for people who are not in the US (and maybe even for those who are).  The caveat on that one is that it might not be any faster if there isn’t anyone else in your region playing.  That means get your neighbors hooked!

Thanks so much Matt. I’m not sure if I’ll have much help here on this tiny little island, but fingers crossed!  I wonder how it used to be so fast earlier on… ah the vagaries of the interwebz! :slight_smile:

Early Boston time 8 February, loading time was much faster than it had been previously here in Australia.At last I can whizz through the entire cube, rather than waiting for each plane to load.  If that was due to the latest update of Eyewire or ‘CDN’, well done! 

Me too timothynx!  I was at 16-20+ minute loading times a couple of days ago… today it’s less than a minute!  Phew… brilliant work everyone. Many thanks … I’m a happy Kiwi :slight_smile:

Faster here in UK too. I can almost scroll down through the cube instead of 10 secs to 1 min per plane.