Incorrect Red Bit (What do I do?)

Hi everyone,

I just finished a cube and clicked on check. It showed a red piece that I am sure is correct.
I don’t really understand the point of this, if we are checking the computer is correct but then the computer checks our checking then there is a flaw in the plan, unless somebody can explain??
Anyway, here I am reporting it, I think it needs changing.
I would show screenshots but I don’t see an option.

Cheers,
Richard

@richardb to show a screenshot you click on the little icon that looks like a picture (it’s 4th from the right) on the tool bar at the top of the comment box.  

It’s a very tiny red bit you say?  That may be something that we omitted by mistake, in which case that’s awesome that you found it and we missed it.  

During the tutorial (if you can still check your work and you’re getting a percentage score you’re still in the tutorial) your work is checked against something that’s been done previously, so we know the answer to these cubes.   Once you’re out of the tutorial you’ll be working on cubes that haven’t been done before.  

Thanks for replying.

I saw that but it wants a URL, I haven’t got anywhere easy to upload it. I can email them perhaps? Or upload to facebook and link that?
I see, yes I’m sure you’ll agree this was missed, if I can upload the photo! Will you be able to tell which it was from some record of the cubes I’ve done? It was now two before the one I’m doing now.

Hi richardb,

try http://imgur.com/  it lets you upload the image to their site and gives you a url you can insert.  You’ll want the Direct Link (email and IM) option.
Great!
So First pic shows the slice, apologies no colouring. The issue was the big top right shape, the system had for some reason separated the bottom tip of that shape, I naturally coloured it in because it is all smooth light grey, but it showed the separated bit red. Below is the 3D.

I can't remember how many cubes ago it was now, only that it was just before 8pm GMT.

So you’re definitely right, that is a piece we missed when setting this up.  So keep up the good work!

Wooo! :slight_smile: So will you be able to fix that one or is it too late?

It may be too late to fix, but we’ll see.  It can just serve as an aspiration point for new people, see if you can beat the experts!