Hyperlinks and other markup for the forum?

It took me a little while to figure out that I can press a button on the menubar to see the HTML source.
And that I can insert a hyperlink using another button on the menubar.
Is there some online documentation about how to use the forum?

The forum that we are using is http://vanillaforums.org/.  There is some documentation there.  I also added a bunch of plugins.  That’s where we get voting, the wysiwyg editor, signatures, tagging, questions, etc.  There isn’t really all that much documentation for the plugins.

I want to reference our fellow EyeWirer @laure bersig but the whitespace in her name messes it up. Do you know how to deal with that?

Yeah, spaces in usernames are problematic. Vanillaforums won’t let you use an @mention with a space in it. Best solution is to not allow spaces in usernames at all.

I found a post talking about doing mentions with +'s in places of spaces.  It will require some hacking of the forum.  Haven’t gotten around to trying it out yet.

I guess it’s easier to ask Laure Bersig to eliminate the space from her username :slight_smile:

Do users have access to profile management that allows changing personal info?

The user can’t change their username, but an admin can. It should be under Dashboard > Users > Manage Users > Edit User > Username. Be sure to let her know, though, and wait for an acknowledgement before actually doing the change.

Spaces shouldn’t have been allowed during registration, so I don’t know why a space would have appeared, unless the username were edited later by an admin?

This is complicated by the fact that you sign up Eyewire and use the forums with the same login.  If you were to change the login name, it might break that connection.  I’ll look into it with Mark.