Getting a lot of points for seemingly no reason

If there is something going at the moment that I am unaware of, my apologies. It seems that it’s not a special week or special day today, so I will submit this bug.

I am getting a lot of points, for no reason! Even when I’m not submitting anything, and just idling, messages áre shown similar to this: taboen earned 86 points from trailblazing (it’s always in the format of ‘nickname earned x points from trailblazing’, never anything else than trainblazing). 

These points are also added to my total score and daily score, so that works fine. 

I also get more points than I would expect a lot of the times. For example: a few times I got 101, 102, 103 or higher points for a regular trailblaze.

I sometimes get more points than I am supposed to get from regular non-trailblaze submission (35 points for a 34 point submit for example).

When you trailblaze, you are the first to do the cube, so we have nothing to compare you against.  Once we have 3-4 people do the cube, we can compare you against what they did, but you long since finished that task.  The ‘points from trailblazing’ are retroactive points given to you for tasks that you trailblazed a while ago.

Ah! Of course, I knew this but had forgotten it.    

However, that does not explain the +1 point that is given to me every time. When I trailblaze, I get 101 points added to my total score and 100 points added to my daily score. 

Sapphiresun (our other Dev)  was talking about this today, we’re looking at what’s up with this.  For now, a mystery!

Is there a chance to trailblaze even if the connection is so slow?

If there are new cubes and player activity is low, you can still get assigned cubes for trailblazing. You can also try changing your connection speed on the site. Click on the gear wheel on the bottom right of screen to change these settings.

-M.