Getting a few cell body tasks, which drive browser CPU usage to 100%

So I’ve gotten a few tasks with cell bodies in them. These take up much of the volume, and the CPU taken by the browser goes to 100% and stays there. The GUI becomes unresponsive, and the volume doesn’t even get filled in. The only workaround is to close the browser and log back in, hoping not to get a cell body task.

I am having the same problem. When the blob shows up my computer shuts down.  What to do???

I’ve had the same problem with 3-4 tasks. I’ve managed to abort a couple of the tasks, but I need to wait about 5 minutes for the abort to register.

I’m assuming this is he cell body issue raised in this thread??
http://forum.eyewire.org/discussion/comment/19#Comment_19

I’m having the same problem. This used to happen occasionally, but in the last few days, I’ve gotten more cell bodies than not. And today, my browser crashes whenever I get one. >_< 

I know cell bodies are supposed to be filtered out so that we rarely see them. Maybe something has gone wrong with that process?

Sorry folks, 

I noticed the issue this morning and thought that I’ve handled it but forgot one thing (For those who are interested: I inactivated the tasks but didn’t do so for the volumes. So the task manager generated same tasks again for the volumes, considering that there’s no task in the volume.) Hopefully, now it should be fully taken care of. This thread is about the case in the morning: 
and the old thread which @readingite pointed deals with the same occasion. 

Thanks for your patience.

I was able to get Chrome to respond by closing the 3D view window as mentioned by smalljude.  I tried to delete my post but could not figure out how…

The partial soma on the overview is really messing with my OCD, I want to color it in…

@krittenhouse

Isn’t OCD wonderful.

I’ll delete your blank post - I will have to try the moderator tools sometime :slight_smile:

Well the good news is that it pops a dialog saying, are you sure you want to do that? That’ll stop any of those random click disasters :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t know how to live without it!

@jinseop

Just seen another cell body, but it had a view that was 1/4 of normal size (whole area in 1/4 of the normal picture size. It wasn’t zoomed out.).

Look in the aborted tasks for my account.

@backupelk

Yes, I remember the task and I left it alone because it is where the branch starts and I thought browsers could handle the size since the cell body part of it is smaller than those of other cell body tasks. but on the second look, I found that the cell body appears as broken on browsers and I agree with you on this being problematic. It will not be assigned to users anymore. Thanks for letting me know.