Frequent freezes in new release?

Hi, just wanted to let you know I’m finding the new release a bit buggy today.  Very slow at logging in (possibly from loading up the 3D spinning neuron in the overview) and then after a few cubes, I find the 3D view disappears and Eyewire hangs. I tried clearing all my eyewire cookies after that and it reloaded, but the same thing has happened a couple of times.  Thought I should just report it in case anyone else seeing the same behaviour.  (I’m on a Macbook Pro, latest OS X, using Chrome).   Cheers :slight_smile:

Every few cubes it hangs after completing a cube and pressing proceed. (Win7/chrome)

For me as well - Win 7

I’m having the same issue (also Mac, but OS 10.7.5, & Chrome) - I’ve even rebooted computer, but pretty much unplayable today for me.

A little more info in case it is useful. I’m finding this happens in the following way:

I complete a cube, submit and get a score
I click on the score UI to continue
Nothing happens, the completed cube is still there
After a while I happen to click somewhere over the 3D view
* The 3D view disappears, no new cube is loaded… and Eyewire hangs.

On an unrelated note, the day doesn’t seem to start over at midnight your time (as it used to), and the sound icon is buggy (after much clicking the sound is off but the icon still ‘on’).

Good luck team!  :)

Thanks for the reports!  If it happens again, could you check the javascript console to see if there are any errors there?

OK… just got the same thing again… here’s the javascript output. I abbreviated all the warnings as that went on for 10’s of pages. 

@smalljude

If it happens again, you need to expand the errors that show up (there’s usually an arrow to the far right of them). Currently it’s impossible to tell in what context the errors occurred.

Still hanging on Monday 2/11 - pretty much unplayable

Ooh sorry about that. I didn’t realise what I was looking at. Sorry sorry…  have a look now. I added more to the same link. 

Just to complete the list:
 similar problems occur with MacOS 10.7.5 and Firefox (and Safari)
After “playing” 2 correct rounds
(however as I do not assume that I made 1200 points in one round
it seems my estimated points from yesterday showed up)

the click on Proceed fails to deliver the next cube
see screenshot
all that’s there before freezing is an attempt to build up the overview from which the prog usually zooms to the next cube
(nevertheless it’s possible to click on finished and get a reply)

count updates do not work eithers

good luck with bug hunting
Peter

Addition
I’d shortly hoped i coild avoid the problem by returning to overview after every second cube but the freeze is back
curiously - while not updating the original 1229 pint count in the list (which had not been updated), I was now surprised to have a clone/double as seen in the screenshot
questions - questions

Wow, that is a weird one!

Hiya… just grabbed some other errors for you to see. I’ve had several occasions where marking will suddenly select a totally random bit of neuron far away and unrelated to the one selected by the algorithm.   It’s the second set of errors in this file

Yeah, looks like the js console output is much less useful since we minified the js.