EyeWire experiencing technical difficulties (9/12/2014)

Hi guys,

We are experiencing an error with sessions in EyeWire, which is causing the site to show a blank black screen. Devs are working on it. 

Amy

Update from Will, EyeWire developer:  

“So far it looks like the Memcahced sessions are not working. This is why you can load EyeWire but not actually connect to chat or see anything as the user is not authenticated.”

FYI I started encountering this problem last night around 11 or 12:00pm EST.

For the past hour I’ve started getting 503 and 404 errors if its any help.

if you guys want me to screenshot the newest error messages of the chrome console just email me about it.

I propose making eyewire.org redirect to this image until the problem is fixed http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kbujzs12lYY/S9rf_z7101I/AAAAAAAAAZc/FQhUDZxCug4/s1600/technical-difficultiespanda.jpg 

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, so it isn’t just my internet being wacky. 

Lol kronnn! I like the idea, except that we probably want to keep eyewire online with at least chat available so people can talk.

Chat should be working? Cause if so then we have a whole other set of problems :stuck_out_tongue:

Will’s working on it. (Email from him as of about an hour ago: “I’m trying to make it so that people can at least keep chatting while we work on the session problem.”) I also hear that for some players, if they stay on the page for long enough, it’ll let them into chat. Sorry I don’t have further details on that though.

tech probs are back:

1. points are not calculated correctly

2. shift+select in overview for scouts/scythes is not operational.

have sent email.

So this is what I’m seeing on cell overviews. 

It’s on all of them.

Hey clarrisani! So the way to get rid of that pesky crystalline view is to go to Profile > Settings > Fix Crystal Overview (checked). If you have any issues, let us know. Cheers!

guys i can’t write on the chat bar and i’m not banned or muted

Hey shrodinger, did you type /silence to mute chat at some point? Try typing /silence in the chat bar to see if that fixes things. Hope this helps!

Eyewire.org is showing a black screen, except for the tags at the top (blog, wiki, forum, about and faq), which are working. The “overview” tag is also visible, but does nothing.

NM. It just came back.

Glad it came back.  If you see  a site outage again could you email support@eyewire.org ?  The message will reach us faster that way.  Thanks!