Dendrite within dendrite?

I encountered a structure which I didn't encounter before, which is shown in the following image.

It seems like a circle within another circle. The task started with the 'outer' circle being highlighted. When scrolling up, the separate circles remained visible (tube in tube?), but after a while vanished and took over the inner circle.

I'm a bit uncertain what the best approach is in this case. Often there is a lot of 'junk' inside which you just have to fill up, but perhaps this is some form of strange connection between two neurons?

Hi Whathecode,

In the case you describe you should treat the two circles as one. When you encounter these watch the 3D closely.  When you add the inner circle is there a change in the 3D?  If not you’re adding something inside the cell you’ve been working on, so go ahead.

There are also times when you’ll see a circle within a circle it is the case of one cell being wrapped around/going through another.  Those cases should be pretty apparent in the 3D; when you add the inner circle often something large and out of place will be added in the 3D.

Here’s an example of a case where you should beware the circle within the circle 

The problem was I couldn’t verify that since it occurred at the start (border) of an activity. :confused: