Contrast and Zooming

I think it’d be a great feature to include a contrast capability for the 2D slides to help view cell walls.

It would also be nice if we could zoom in and out a bit for the 2D slides.

Also, including a refresh/reload button that when clicked, will attempt to reload the images of the current slide. I’ve noticed that sometimes only a few of the images for each slide will load, even though it loaded other slides in the cube completely. Especially when I run into this problem after I’ve been tracing cells and then end up hitting an unloaded slide. I am not going to just restart that whole cube just for the sake of a few partially loaded slides.

I can grant one of those wishes right off the bat.  Alt-scrollwheel lets you zoom in and out of the current slides.

There may be some things that we can do with contrast, but in general, the issue is that there just isn’t enough contrast in the source images.  If there were better contrast, then we might not even need humans to do this task!  The one thing that you can do in this area is to modify the blending of the selected with the slides.  If you check the settings (gear in the bottom right) you can change the paint opacity.  You can also hold shift and it will get rid of the paint while you hold it down.

The images not loading issue is based on the heavy traffic we’ve been seeing the last few days.  For the time being, our goal is to make sure that doesn’t happen in the first place rather than adding a reload button.