Color palette

Wouldn’t it be fun to allow users to choose their own color?  Not everyone likes blue!

Yup I was thinking this too. I imagine that regularly changing the colour may help keep me on my toes visually.

I’d definitely like to have that option! 

That would rock!

Personally, I’d like to have several colors so that I can trace multiple pieces at once, especially ones that are adjacent to each other. This would make it both easier to determine correct paths, and more productive within the cube.

Simply being able to choose the color for my additions separately from the color for the existing mapped parts of the cube done by other people would be nice.

I agree!  The devs are ultra-busy right now so we will put it on the to-do list.

Click on the cog in the lower left corner. You should see some sliders, one of them labeled “paint color”. Is that what you’re asking for?

That changes all the colors, keeping them similar. @malaclypse wants the color of the added parts to be different from the color of the starting part (seed).  We’ll add it to the to-do list.

Would have been VERY useful with that SAC, I keep getting these spots where 6-7 branches seem to fuse (or split if you prefer)

After a lot of work I can rule a branch out, but then I have to figure out what belongs to another branch I have to rule out - doing that while the AI pretty much messed up all delimitation (clicking a not-so-small spot adds a block of stuff belonging to another branch). 

Here’s the puzzle I’m working on right now, I think it should give a good idea of what I’m talking about :

Oh that is ugly isn’t it?  To me it looks like there was a merger in the start piece.  I tend to do something similar to you when I’m working with tricky cells–put several pieces together (sometimes of different cells) to see which piece looks best in the 3D.  I don’t know if you’re aware, but you can deselect things in the 3D.  It makes it a lot easier to deselect the obviously wrong things.

I would appreciate transparency in the rendering as well as being able to use different colours for uncertain pieces on the map.  Are you using the simplest 3d rendering program you could find?
And how does one deselect in the 3d, I’ve tried and nothing happened.

@joy65 To deselect in the 3D view Ctrl-left mouse click