Chrome V37 issue with Overview

After my Chrome upgraded to V37 my Overview no longer works.  It’s like watching that epic Star Trek episode on the “Crystalline Entity” but without all the cool special effects and dialogue.

Do I need to go back to V36 or wait for a fix from EW?  If I have to revert, is there an easier/safer way than altering the mySQL tables driving Chrome?
Thanks to benficus for this tip: you can install this small prior version in which to run EW until there is some kind of fix for v37. You can still run normal chrome for other stuff.

http://crportable.sourceforge.net/ ver 36.0.1985.18

So, I have an integrated Intel graphics card on my Dell Alienware laptop (under Win7). it was billed as a gaming laptop and has a secondary Nvidia card for that purpose. However, its "Optimus" config is constitutively unable to do without the integrated card; and Chrome (and Firefox) are forced to use the lesser card (apparently due to limitations of Nvidia drivers?). 

GL_RENDERER ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)

TLDR: chrome 37/EW/Intel card combo spells doom. 

I expect many users with "typical' laptops will encounter this issue once updating to 37.

…I’m very happy with Chromium portable. 

As it is the basis for chrome it has been as stable as chrome was in the past.

Hopefully there will not be many users suffering from those crystals :wink:

cheers,
benficus

In my case, my W8.1 desktop integrated card is affected.  My netbook (too slow to be of much use here) on W7 runs “just fine” with V37.    

This fix works well!

Well, my work Win7 Dell Optiplex 990 just updated to v37 and now it shows a mostly blank overview, with an occasional flash of crystals as I try to jump between overview and play cubes.

GL_RENDERER ANGLE (AMD RADEON HD 6350 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)

Edit: Chromium portable is now showing a v39, I might try that for fun later and report back
…And I have found that v39 portable also shows crystals :frowning:

http://blog.eyewire.org/overview-crystal-bug-fix/

:slight_smile: