Center view (shift + left click) also by double right click

To center the view i press shit + left mouse button on a neuron.
Wouldn’t it be nice if i could also do this through a double right click? since it would speed up my workflow.

Best Regards

Hi sliet,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and suggestion!

If you are referring to centering the neuron in overview, there are a variety of ways to do this. The easiest one is to simply left click and select a cube on the neuron which will then be centered in your view.

If you would rather avoid selecting cubes, then you can use either:

• Right Click
  • Middle mouse button click (if your mouse has this)
  • Alt + Left Click (I’m guessing this is what you meant by shift+left click? We don’t have this as a command in overview as the shift key is used to show/hide the inspect panel toolbar)

If you are talking about centering the neuron in the cube itself… then the following commands will work in-cube:

• Shift + Left Click
  • Alt + Left Click
  • Middle mouse button click

For all of the above commands, you need to be clicking on the neuron itself. The system will not center on empty space.

I’m aware that double right-click in cube does not have an assigned action, however since right click in 3D removes a segment it could prove to be very confusing for someone who doesn’t click fast enough. I think it may be frustrating if you were trying to center your neuron and you kept removing segments instead.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
M.

Hi sorek_m,

First, thanks for this comprehensive answer.

Jep, i was talking about centering a neuron in the cube itself and i see the problem for the 3d view.
I guess custom keybinding would be a bit of an overkill for just this one?

Best
sliet