Can't Submit cubes

Clicking “I’m Finished” does nothing - no points no score, no moving to next cube - just sits there interminably - refreshing does not help - skipping does not help, logging out and in does not help - Basically can’t play the game right now

I am having this same issue. Any ideas what might be causing this issue? I’m playing using OSX 10.6.8 in Chrome.

The same for me
OSX 10.7.5 on Firefox 19.0.2

Hey guys, Echo fixed it this morning.  Let us know if you’re still having issues.

Hello,

I just had this same issue now (March 19, 2013).
Clicking “I’m Finished” brings up a “Cancel or Submit” window.
Clicking “Submit” gives a little musical tone and nothing else.

Using Google Chrome. Windows 7 Service pack 1.

Has worked fine for the past several weeks. Today was the first time for me having this issue.
Let me know if you need any other information.

Dave

One other piece of information that might be helpful:

After clicking submit, I get a “Waiting for eyewire.org” message in the lower left corner of my screen for a couple seconds. Then that message goes away and I back where I started. No score window, no chance to proceed.

3/19/13 I’m having the same issue today. So frustrating to spend all that time on a cube to have to abandon it. There’s no help link on the site either.  Tried logging off and on a couple times and restarted my computer, but didn’t help. Must be the website.

I had all the same problems since this afternoon 3/19 - tried all sort of things including logging off in windows, rebooting, deleting cookies and running CCleaner. The only good news - you don’t need to loose your work. Select the “back to overview” in the upper left then select play game. You are brought back to the same cube with all your moves as you would expect, but your point total goes up. Alas only works once so you don’t get more points by doing the process again. Only ways to get a new cube is to log out or equivalently, close/restart the browser.

Ok, in case you missed it in the chat, a workaround for now:

Disable the game sounds (The speaker at the lower right of the game screen).

As rprentki mentioned, echo fixed that bug some days ago. I guess, those bugs embrace the opportunity now that he is on vacation…

I tried disabling the game sounds. Clicking “I’m finished” and “Submit” appears to have awarded the points but, still doesn’t proceed forward with another cube.

I got the impression the points were awarded because my total score (in the lower left corner) went up.

Is logging out and back in to get a new cube part of the workaround?

Oh, sry. Totally forgot that. Some people had to do a “hard refresh” after that.

Chrome+Windows: Ctrl+F5
Chrome+Mac: Cmd+Shift+R

I am having the same problem. There are a lot of other things I could do that are frustrating. I play games and do eyewire for satisfaction and immediate gratification! 

Please try it now.  Do a hard refresh (ctrl-F5) first to make sure you get the updated code.

Same happening with me - with the addition of the top scorer list popping up in the middle of my screen. I tried ctrl - F5, no change. This started last evening. I’m using Chrome. 

Well…disabled sounds - working fine. 

Hi aspringer,

What exactly is the difficulty that you are having?  I’m guessing it’s not the same problem as these people had since that was 2 months ago, but it might be similar/related.

Hi,
I'm not very good at describing this, I hope you can make sense of my rambling.

However, I just tried a cube with the game speaker on, and everything is working fine. 

On Monday and Tuesday, when I hit "I'm Finished"  the game high scorer list popped into the middle of my screen and stayed there. I could still see a little bit of the " I'm Finished"  button behind the top scorer list. If I hit "I'm Finished" again (the corner showing under the top score list) the top scorer list would go away and the submit cube icon would show up. The submit cube icon did not seem to send any information. The cube I was trying to submit stayed the same. I was being awarded points, my total would change, but the points given did not show up in it's bubble.

The only way I could get a new cube was to sign out and sign in again. Yet once I hit "I'm Finished" I was right back to the top scorer list in the middle of my screen.

Turning off the game speaker seemed to fix the issue.

I hope this helps. Thank you for being there to help with "bugs" etc.  Either you fixed something between my messages, or some other magic occurred because as I said everything is working fine today even with the speaker icon on.

Sorry for the confusion and thanks again.

No problem.  Other people were describing similar issues.  I think I did something to resolve it.  Feel free to let us know if you have any other issues.