C.elegans simulator anywhere?

The connectome of Caenorhabditis elegans with its 302 neurons is known for years now. Has someone written a C.elegans simulator based on that connectome?

Hi there,

If you mean whether there’s an Eyewire for C. elegans, no, that connectome was completed after more than a decade of essentially hand-coloring slides. You can view some information about that project here at the Open Connectome Project, although I’m not sure all their links work. I hope this helps, but let me know if I’ve misunderstood!

Devon

Hi,

my question was if there is a simulator which simulates how the “brain” of c.elegans actually works. The connectome is only the basic wiring (fairly static in this case though), but additional work is necessary to find out which sensoric data triggers which behaviour.

Aha, okay. It looks like a good place to find out more about this would be OpenWorm, which is essentially a project for creating a virtual C. elegans. It involves more than just the nervous system, of course, but it clearly involves connectomics for that component.