Bandwidth on server end?

I’ve done eyewire for years. last many months, under very different situations on this end, tried to play. Way Way too slow to perform, 3d rotation taking 10-20 seconds for just one increment of rotation, etc. I can no longer. house streaming, games, etc play fine. Eyewire doesnt work anymore. Sorry. Loved it for a long time.

Hi pduncan,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having issues with loading Eyewire. It sounds to me like there could be a variety of factors causing the slowness. As far as I know, we haven’t made any changes on our end. Occasionally, the servers at Google can be slow which can sometimes affect folks outside of the North America region.

To understand the issue, I’d ask what type of browser and OS are you using? Eyewire works best on the latest version of Chrome. Are you running many extensions? Those can sometimes interfere with a smooth operation on Eyewire. Have you tried adjusting the settings for Internet and Computer speed on Eyewire? Have you turned off some of the more “heavy” use settings such as “animate cube transitions” or “preload cubes”?

We’re happy to try and help you figure out a solution, so please feel free to email us at support@ eyewire.org or message us here.

Best,
M.