yeah, from my -small- experience in ‘creating’ (chatgpt creates, I ask politely lol) scripts from either eyewire or neuroglancer (EW2 so far), player scripts usually fill a specific need or niche, ie: I want to be able to export and import settings in neuroglancer so that i dont have to edit them each and every time in each neurog. link or copy date, segID and final link in one go via a button vs having to go copy segID > paste in gsheet > copy paste Date from above > switch to neurogl. > copy share link > paste.
or create a script that makes names in cube inspect panel clickable.
So, yeah I agree with the assessment that it’s difficult to tell outright from now what we may need or want a day, a week, a month or several months from now in each different dataset or gsheet that comes along as these needs will be born from using the game/software and realising that ‘this’ need is probably something that HQ might not want to or be able to or be able to do in a timeframe that will satisfy the need (ie ask for something in march and hq can realistically make it happen by august bc of other stuff in the pipeline with greater urgency or importance), so voila chatgpt (or in kk’s case programming knowledge/ability) creates ‘it’ and we’re all happy, lol.
But thanks for creating this!
What I can say from having seen how chatgpt works it really likes documentation of how things work and/or a github where code can be found.with API calls or explanation of how things work. When I asked it to create me the clickable names in inspect panel it found eyewire’s github and was able to find the needed API calls etc, likewise with neuroglancer.
But when I asked it if it could ‘download’ me my cube history all time it couldn’t find where/how/if fp/ft etc fscores are stored and/or called from the github, or from the F12 source code so in the end it could only do it from the history button in the scout’s log
which only goes back to july of 2015 or something like that, after that it didn’t know nor could it find how to get to nov. 2013. (it’s not really important I just wanted to find anything I might have played that got accuracy below 80% and see (and laugh) my early mistakes from when I was a new player hah.
So, anything in player profile, or ‘actionable’ (ie: cut/merge) that pulls info via one or more API call that can be documented or be had in github would/will help any future player scripting effort. Ie if we want to create a player script that breaks down ‘edits’ in profile to cuts/merges/cell completes or cell type id edits. (if that doesn’t exist already I haven’t looked in profile in new EW2).