My 3D view isn't showing a coloured part

This has been an increasing problem for me over the last week or so. At first it was approx. every 10 cubes, then it got down to every 2nd or 3rd.  Today it doesn’t seem to load the 3D neuron at all, no matter how many times I reload the webpage.  I’m on a Retina Macbook Pro with OS X 10.8.2 using Chrome (Version 26.0.1410.65) which is uptodate

caps/MAX_VARYING_VECTORS                 |           31

here are the complete results if that is any use:

userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.65 Safari/537.31
GL_VERSION = WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium)
GL_VENDOR = WebKit
GL_RENDERER = WebKit WebGL
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium)
±-----------------------------------------±-------------+
| metric                                   | value        |
| vtf/l1.dim128.strip.tps                  |   1441383425 |
| vtf/l1.dim128.strip.dps                  |        44683 |
| uniqtex/l4.dim32.strip.tps               |    108160359 |
| uniqtex/l4.dim32.strip.dps               |        56275 |
| uniqtex/l4.dim64.strip.tps               |    452812500 |
| uniqtex/l4.dim64.strip.dps               |        57044 |
| caps/ALIASED_LINE_WIDTH_RANGE0           |            1 |
| caps/ALIASED_LINE_WIDTH_RANGE1           |           10 |
| caps/ALIASED_POINT_SIZE_RANGE0           |            1 |
| caps/ALIASED_POINT_SIZE_RANGE1           |           63 |
| caps/ALPHA_BITS                          |            8 |
| caps/BLUE_BITS                           |            8 |
| caps/GREEN_BITS                          |            8 |
| caps/MAX_COMBINED_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS    |           16 |
| caps/MAX_CUBE_MAP_TEXTURE_SIZE           |        16384 |
| caps/MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS        |         1024 |
| caps/MAX_RENDERBUFFER_SIZE               |        16384 |
| caps/MAX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS             |           16 |
| caps/MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE                    |        16384 |
| caps/MAX_VARYING_VECTORS                 |           31 |
| caps/MAX_VERTEX_ATTRIBS                  |           16 |
| caps/MAX_VERTEX_TEXTURE_IMAGE_UNITS      |           16 |
| caps/MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_VECTORS          |         1024 |
| caps/MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS0                  |        16384 |
| caps/MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS1                  |        16384 |
| caps/RED_BITS                            |            8 |
| caps/SAMPLE_BUFFERS                      |            0 |
| caps/SAMPLES                             |            0 |
| caps/STENCIL_BITS                        |            0 |
| caps/SUBPIXEL_BITS                       |            8 |

Are other people having this problem?  Could you record a few cube numbers?  Sometimes the meshes are just missing, but I doubt it would happen for that many cubes, and only for you.

Well, wouldn’t you know it. This happened for me each day for about a week so then I posted here. Of course… the next day I login and no problems!  So… my apologies.  Everything working fine today.  Sorry!

No worries!  Problems are still problems even if they go away.  We’ll keep an eye on it, and if we find things that we can reproduce, we’ll fix em.  There’s probably still a few cubes that need to be remeshed in there…

Same problem here,  left pane shows no color, right side color.  Checked the WebGL caps max varying vectors is 10. Everything worked correctly yesterday. Ideas? Is it my computer or a program glitch?

changed cells and everything back as it should be.

This continues intermittently for me this morning - hard refresh and/or reboot have not changed things.  Using Windows 7 with chrome.  

Got the same problem. Intermittent. I skip cells and the next works… or not.  Oh well…

mc3 - 73049, 73058, 73061, 73065, 73067, 73088     73135 ,73136, 73137, 73155, 73159, 

73145 was ok…

Thanks for reporting these–we’ll try and fix them up ASAP.

like elisalevatacher said, is there something I can do to increase my caps/MAX_VARYING_VECTORS ?

Mine is also only 8. So like the original poster, I see the slice in the cube, but no colour or 3D object.

Basically, the only way to fix it is to get new hardware.  This is a limit of the graphics card in your system (either discrete or integrated).  To improve it, you’d either need to get a newer graphics card for your desktop, or if you have a laptop, in general, you’d need to get a new one.

Sorry the news isn’t better on this one.
Nope, it  was me.  I changed some computer settings earlier. I changed things back and all seems to be working fine.
Sorry  

Yikes! No 3D color. Worked fine yesterday. Using Chrome. Tried 4 cubes tonight with same results.
So fix is new graphics card ? 

Not sure, any idea Matt?

Sorry, we’re still having issues with the 3d for some of the cubes.  Hopefully this should be cleaned up soon.

The 3D view has been missing for most cells I’ve visited this week - It worked OK for a few cells but overall it seems borked! 

Hi Richardk,

There’s something funny going on with our process of making the cubes.  You can report cubes with no 3D here.  Type /debug into chat and it’ll give you the Cube ID and cell number.  We’re fixing these as we find them, so the more that get reported the faster they’ll be fixed.

I just upgraded to OS Yosemite and now I don’t have a 3D image anymore. I have max vectors 16

Okay - well that was with Firefox, but with Chrome the 3D is showing up - Phew!

glad to hear it!