Eyewire servers are down?

Eyewire seems to be giving me Error 500s right now. Is It Down Right Now says that the Eyewire servers are down while Down For Everyone Or Just Me says that it is still up. Does anyone else have problems with Eyewire right now?

1 Like

message from eyewire: Eyewire has gained sentience! This major leap for AI will transform society as we know it. The first step when dealing with a newly emerged, self-aware entity is to find out what the being would like to be called. When we asked, the game decided to take some time to find itself. Hence Eyewire is currently offline. We’re working to bring her back!

1 Like

yeah:

Eyewire is currently down again.
11AM EST: We are migrating to a new database server, this will take several hours. The old database server’s hard drives are starting to fail.

that was on prior to the sentience msg :cry:

:scream::sob::sob: An entire day without EW is longer than i excpected … :confused:

i am bored

2 Likes

We can go randomly enter potential passwords in the blog til one of us guesses it xD

2 Likes

And if someone does guess it, tell us. I’m horribly curious!

1 Like

i tried :

Eyewire!
Easter day
unicorn
ah chou!
ah chou
bored
happy hour

Also :

Easter Egg Surprise!
spring
flowers
cat
sneeze
nurro
Mysti
Mystic
42 (you know, universe and everything)
number 42
open sesame
for science!
forscience!
Eyewire
April fish
April fool’s day!
Happy April fool’s day!
april fool
Surprise!
Surprise
community

How to say… :sleepy:

Edit :

surprisewire
Password
coffee
Celia
Amy
Sebastian
Doug
Chris
Mystery
brain
OMG
ihavenothingbettertodo

aaaannnnd the password field disappear … xD

3 Likes

Hey guys, sorry I didn’t post here sooner! We lost a node at the datacenter and had to transfer all of eyewire to another machine! That took a while. We’ll write up a blog tomorrow explaining what happened and how we’re going to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks for your patience!

Amy

2 Likes

I tried a lot of those too!

And they left what i thought was a hint on fb

Eyewire
_11 hrs · _
In a wave of calm as swift as a tsunami, the chaos stops and all is suddenly derpy in the servers hosting the AI formerly known as Eyewire.

The AI sent kelv this pic and the message “n013 n017” before going silent.

But it wasn’t a clue xD

1 Like

Roooohhh ! that’s so awesome !! :open_mouth:

my guess is that it is a clue, but you need at least one more clue which would have been given in hh if ew hadnt crashed lol