Experiencing slow cube loading or other actions on Eyewire? Please comment here

Hi devon, here’s the info that I have.

1. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro Build 15063.483.
  2. My browser is a 64-bit Google Chrome with a version of 60.0.3112.90. I wanted to use Firefox, but they don’t support custom scrollbars and so, the scrollbars in Eyewire in Firefox looks ugly. That’s the only reason why I don’t use firefox lol
  3. Tbh, everything is slow to me, even using the scout’s log in general.
    3a. Actually, everything is mainly slow too in cube loading. Sometimes, when reaping, the seed even does not show up at all and I have to manually trace it by looking at the parent/child.
  4. Slowness, for me at least, is when even the small things are loading slowly, eg. profile details, changing cells, going to ov, etc.
  5. Right now, I am running crazyman’s script, version 0.13.
  6. I am a proud Scythe and Mentor.
  7. I’m actually not sure how long is has been since the loading times actually became slow. Probably since the new spawner has been implemented, I guess?
  8. I have 4 gb of ram, which might be slow, but I’m pretty sure that’s not the cause of the slowness, just lag in general.
  9. My network connection is from the best ISP in the Philippines (PLDT) with blazing fast download speeds up to 3 mbps and upload speeds up to 100 kbps.
  10. Actually, I do have a screen recording of a non-preloaded cube loading. It’s here. (Can I have my bonus points now lol)
  11. Actually, I don’t reload that much at all, and even when I do, it’s just mainly if the things become so slow, they stop loading.
1 Like

1.) OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, version 1607 (build 14393.1480)
2.) Browser: Chrome 64 bit, version 60.0.3112.90
3.) Slowness: Fresh start of EW, select cube in 42.b, inspect: 2D load time is 20 sec independent of antivirus enabled/disabled)
4.)See checkerboard in 2D until 100%. When I scoll the mousewheel during load, the slices already loaded are displyed after each wheelscroll.
5.) Third-party extensions: @eldendaf’s Scouts’ Log extension (integrated in EW) and @crazyman4865’s tabbed chat script.
6.) Ranks: Scythe, mentor, moderator, mystic
7.) Significant increase since: some months (?), sorry, don’t remember, had an EW break until May.
8:) RAM: 16GB
9.) Network speed: 12-14 Mbps
10.) Console log:
Fresh start of EW with Antivirus (Kaspersky Internet Security) enabled:

Fresh start with Antivirus disabled:

11.) Refreshing: normally never, except when Chrome says ‘out of memory’

1 Like

Just logged in for the day lol,

some more errors for the devs (pretty common for me).

1. What is your operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 64 bit

2. What is your browser: Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3. Which tasks experience slowness for you:

Cubes loading in normal play. Loading cubes gets stuck where I see overview on the left and 2D on the right: http://prntscr.com/g4591j
Console log from the above: http://prntscr.com/g459k7
Got the same console log error when trying to inspect.
(Bipolar 7.110b)

Relic cubes seems to be faster, although I get the checkerboard pattern a lot, which was not happening a few weeks ago.

Slow relic cube log:
http://prntscr.com/g45fbe
Same issue as above, hangs partially loaded. Clicked esc, then play, and it loaded, but that did not work for the BP cube above.

Seems to be intermittent though, last few hours I haven’t had a problem, and nothing has changed. Check internet speed and it’s the same.

3a. If cube loading is slow, what is the slow part of it: Transitioning into the cube, the 2D pane comes up but 3D shows wire frame and overview.

1. What is “slowness” for you: Cubes are hanging and not loading at all, and cubes that do load are several seconds, compared to 1 or 2 seconds previously.

2. Are you running any third-party extensions or add-on scripts for Eyewire? The main examples would be @eldendaf’s Scouts’ Log extension or @crazyman4865’s tabbed chat script. Running both of them.

3. What is your rank(s) on Eyewire (Scout, Scythe, etc.)? Mystic

4. How long has it been since you noticed a significant increase in loading times? Just in the last week or so.

5. How much RAM (random access memory) does your computer have: 8Gb

6. How fast is your network connection? Speedtest shows 90Mbps, but this is the same connection I’ve been using for years, and it’s been fine until now.

7. If you have time, please open your browser console as you perform activities on Eyewire and provide us screenshots or copypasted text of what errors you see, especially if you see 403 errors. If you don’t know how to view the browser console, here’s how1. Bonus points if you can provide us with a screen recording of the activities and the errors in real time.

8. On average, how often do you refresh Eyewire in hope of solving the slowness? Does it do anything? Hadn’t refreshed tonight, have done so in the past, once or twice a session usually.

We sincerely appreciate any answers you can provide to the above, and we hope to find the root of the problem soon! If you know someone is experiencing slowness and they haven’t posted here yet, please point them this way. And even if you have sent us information about this already, please repeat it here so that we have it all in one place. Thank you!

1 Like

Some more, these are all from trying to complete the same cube (after having reaped it without problems).

moar errors lol

1. Win 7 pro 64 SP1

2. I’m now on the portable version of chrome 48.0.2564.109 (64-bit). Just chrome as it is, no modules, nothing more.

3. I just experience slow toolbox refreshes, cube OV information and profile . I experience NO slow loadings in 3d or 2d (while playing or reaping)

4. 5/6 sec to show

5. Nothing. Default instalation, default parameters.

6. Scout, Scythe, Mystic.

7. 16Gb

8. 33 Mbps

9. No errors appear, just the “not 64bits browser”

10. didn’t played enough those days to tell you.

PS : I have last 60 chrome installed too. If i play EW with, i experience very slow loadings for 2d (15 to 30 sec) in both playing and reaping. Toolbox refresh when it want (sometimes it do not and a red dot appear)

1 Like

Oh yeah, I found something else interesting

It says something about content length mismatch. It might be linked to the slow loading problems and the glitchy music I hear whenever I turn the music on (It’s when different parts of a song seems to be “cut off” from other parts of the song).

1 Like

lol this is a new one,

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your responses so far! Hopefully we’ll have a solution by the end of the week.

2 Likes

I’ll comment more fully later but just wanted to mention an unusual thing lately I hadn’t seen before- an occasional 15 sec delay in completion-paint appearance after scythe completing a cube. Seems to go in batches of several cubes in a row, then settles down again,

1 Like

An interesting observation for the devs.

I do not know why, but while the game/slowness/403/4s are always existing pre/post 7-8am EDT they are not as…“Oh my god please kill me now.” all the time. But between 7-8 am EDT there’s about 5-10 minutes maybe less maybe more of practically unplayable game where almost nothing works except for chat then after progressively until my night (about 6-7pm edt when I go to sleep) all the issues described in this thread become significantly worse. I do not know until what time but they are back to…“normal” slowness when I wake up until again 7-8 am edt around 2-3 pm my time.

Dunno maybe this helps devs somehow, maybe one can wake up early login the server and watch this happen live, maybe it’ll provide more info? lol dunno.

Thanks everyone that is posting in this thread, this information is appreciated.

There are many aspects of Eyewire that can be slow. There is an issue with 2D loading with the current versions of Chrome. It seems that using Firefox, or the Google Chrome Beta https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/beta.html
should speed that up.

403 errors are still being investigated and it is further complicated by the fact that most 403/404 errors you see are not a problem. But when everything starts returning 403/404, that is a serious problem.

2 Likes

Hi @Kelv , to see if I understand what you mean re: 403/4s, is it somewhat similar to immune system and autoimmune diseases? Like we all have white blood cells and immune system cells which are not a problem, but when they start attacking your own body/organs/cells they become a very serious problem?

And thank you for trying to fix this (and for fixing this (in the near future lol) I’m sure), it has plagued us for quite a bit lol, I’m sure everyone will be happy to see it fixed and done with lol.

:slight_smile:

have same problem, at 8.10 pm edt everyday i cannot play ew for about 10 minutes.

1 Like

@Kelv did you do something today in the last couple of hrs? Everything is great!!! No 403/4s refreshes load everything great no errors, inspecting a cube loads 2d+3d withing 2-3 secs and without me having to retrace seed and trace from parent every time, and i’ve had no submit/reap 404s since… I’m not used to this xP lol thank you if you did!! :smiley:

Everything was fine up until 7:45 then:

Everything fine and great after 10-15 mins. Whatever was fixed seems to work but for 10-15 mins between 07:45-08:15 am EDT.

Thank you!

The site is loading slow for me, is really jittery and asks a lot from my laptops processor. My fan is going wild.

What could be the problem?

EDIT: Seemed to be fixed, sorry for the inconvience.