- What is your operating system (Windows, Mac, Linux)? If you can provide the exact version number, that's more helpful. Here is how to find this out, if you don't know it.
2. What is your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge, Opera, etc.)? If you can provide the exact version number, that's more helpful. In Firefox, go to about:, and in Chrome, go to chrome://chrome.
Please note that we cannot guarantee Eyewire will run on any browsers besides Firefox or Chrome, which in both cases must be 64-bit. Chris and I recommend Firefox over Chrome in general, and also Chrome 59+ has apparently doubled cube loading times compared to Chrome 58. The developers will be in touch with Google about this, but in the meantime, please be forewarned; thanks @Kfay for spotting this.
3. Which tasks experience slowness for you? Examples: cube loading in normal gameplay, cube loading in inspect mode, heatmap loading in overview, submitting, skipping, reaping, flagging, loading the "change cell" menu, loading user profiles.3a. If cube loading is slow, what is the slow part of it? Examples: transitioning into the cube, the overview disappearing, the progress bar reaching 100, the 3D appearing, or something else.
Overview is slow to load in, just shows tiny colored squares for a while;
loading a cube during regular play, the 2d takes a while to load in, sometimes is slow for the entire loading process, sometimes it will quickly-ish load to 52% then get hung up there for a while, and eventually load in the rest of the way. sometimes the paint will load before the 2d does, and it will not be lined up with the 2d borders.
Inspect mode sometimes doesnt have a trace load in, no matter how long i wait
Scouts log is slow to load, especially the history tab.
Cube details are slow to load, and also impedes the ability to complete cubes from overview
4. What is "slowness" for you? Normal Eyewire cubes (not zebrafish) are supposed to take a maximum of 3 seconds to load, for instance, zebrafish cubes a little more. Are you experiencing double this time? More than double? 30 seconds to a minute? Etc.
Cubes may take 30seconds-over a minute to load in (this is very variable). (i can inspect 2 zfish cubes in the time it takes 1 ew cube to load in) I do have preloading turned off at the dev's recommendation due to other loading/crashing issues
Scouts Log history is taking 2-5 minutes to load in each time i ask
it is taking about 30 seconds for cube details to load, and i cannot highlight or complete until it does.
5. Are you running any third-party extensions or add-on scripts for Eyewire? The main examples would be @eldendaf's Scouts' Log extension or @crazyman4865's tabbed chat script.
no, i did have eldens SL script, but since it's been integrated i've disabled it. I have not installed crazy's script yet
6. What is your rank(s) on Eyewire (Scout, Scythe, etc.)?
mentor, moderator, mystic (what lovely alliteration!)
7. How long has it been since you noticed a significant increase in loading times?
several weeks, I put down the initial slowness to an increased load on my connection, although it has become obvious that that is not the only reason for it.
8. How much RAM (random access memory) does your computer have? If your RAM is lower than our recommended 8 GB, this may exacerbate loading problems. Here is how to check your RAM on Windows, Mac, or Linux.
9. How fast is your network connection? If you are on a connection slower than 50 to 150 Mbps, this may also exacerbate loading problems. You can check your network speed here (make sure Flash is enabled if it prompts you).
16mbps download, 1mbps upload
10. If you have time, please open your browser console as you perform activities on Eyewire and provide us screenshots or copypasted text of what errors you see, especially if you see 403 errors. If you don't know how to view the browser console, here's how. Bonus points if you can provide us with a screen recording of the activities and the errors in real time.
These are after a 10 minute reap/complete session, not reap growing, just normal scythe completing activities:
And these are after 10 mins of regular play
11. On average, how often do you refresh Eyewire in hope of solving the slowness? Does it do anything?