Tomato vs. Potato: post your favorite dishes!

During this Tomato vs. Potato faceoff, post pics/recipes of your favorite dishes involving either ingredient (or both)!

I discovered shakshuka recently. Tomatoey goodness! https://www.themediterraneandish.com/shakshuka-recipe/

2 Likes

OMG :drooling_face:
this one just sound likeā€¦ ā€œyouā€™re mine tonight !ā€ :hugs::yum:

1 Like

I always enjoy a good tomatoey chana masala. Sometimes I sneak potatoes in as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My favorite tomato recipe is in guacamole!

• 1 fresh tomato
  • 2-3 avocados
  • juice from 1 lime
  • chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 diced onion
  • 1 diced japaleno
  • garlic powder (or fresh garlic if youā€™re not lazyā€¦Iā€™m lazy)
  • a lot of cumin
  • chipotle paste or flakes
  • chili powder

Let sit for 20 min in the fridge before you enjoy :smiley:

i prefer kind of italian shakshuta:
Just fry garlic, onions and fresh tomatoes in olive oil, then add eggs on top and cook till they are like fried eggs, and add some salt, pepper and oregano (or parsley if not available). I also give some paprika on the yellow part of the eggs. Goes well with good bread, but you can also serve with potatoes.
Very easy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For potatoes i prefer ā€œRƶstiā€, a traditional national Swiss dish.
Needs some more effort than previous recipe :slight_smile:

1 kg waxy potatoes boiled in their skins the pevious day.
Peel and grate coarsely into a bowl, add about i teaspoon of salt.

Heat clarified butter in a frying pan. Add potatoes, cook for approx. 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Press into a flattish cake shape with a fish slice or spatula, then leave to cook undisturbed over medium heat for approx. 15 minutes. Lay a flat plate upside-down over the frying pan and flip the roĢˆsti over onto the plate. Add a little more clarified butter to the pan and slide the roĢˆsti back in. Finish cooking the underside (approx. 15 minutes).
You can also:

• Slowly sweat 1 onion, chopped or sliced into thin strips, in the butter, before adding potatoes and cooking as above.
  • Fry 100 g diced bacon until crispy, before adding potatoes and cooking as above.
4 Likes

yummmmm I might need to try this at my next brunch!

hummmmm this one will be mine tonight too !

but for me for the moment, my Spanish ā€œLentejasā€ ! :

I add some dry fried tomatoes and eggs ! :yum::yum:

2 Likes

oulala ! I soo love Chickpea ! Will add some with the shakshuta :hugs::hugs::laughing:

1 Like

Does it count if I have both in my recipe: veggie skewers?

I love the potato cheese balls, I make lots in weekend morning and have for snacks. I so loved it and my kids lol. Sadly i wasnt able to get pic of it but got the recipe here
https://stickandladle.com/blogs/recipes-1/quick-and-easy-potato-cheese-balls

`

1 Like