Fielding feedback - how to have players help with the Hunt

Hi there! The GMs had a little discussion about how we could allow players to help with the Hunt, since we’ve gotten some questions about that. We have a proposal based on Evil Cubes experiences so far, and we’re curious about your feedback.

a) First off, anyone who helps prep a Hunt cell cannot be eligible to participate in the actual event. There are too many opportunities to cheat even if Grim is the only account adding the mergers.

b) Likewise, because of the way we create the Hunt cell, we can only add mergers as Grim, otherwise savvy players may see other accounts that have “touched” certain cubes, thus giving everything away.

c) However, if you love love love the idea of making the Hunt cell squeaky clean before Grim grows the mergers, the GMs would welcome player help on this front. In June we unfortunately picked a cell that hadn’t received attentive enough reaping before we gave it a more casual review, so we wish to rectify that mistake.

d) Therefore, we’d like to suggest that the 10 highest-scoring Scythes in the last Hunt become eligible to help clean the next Hunt cell. In addition to earning the Games Maker badge like you do for making Evil Cubes, you would get a flat points bonus as compensation for not being able to participate in the actual event. Actual amount is not decided but based on a “good” Hunt score it might be 12,000 points or thereabouts. (And by the way, for Evil Cubes we might start giving out a flat points bonus for cube-creators, too.)

If this basic premise interests you, please let us know here! Note that we have to select Scythes for this because cleaning a cell requires reaping it. We’d also need to keep a private spreadsheet for making note of “need admin” cubes, so that other people didn’t see an old cell mysteriously showing up in the Scouts’ Log.

Should a sufficient percentage of Scythes voice their interest, we’ll then send out an e-mail to the 10 Scythes who scored best in the Mystic Rising Hunt and go from there!

1 Like

Count me in xD and who knows maybe future ideas will be shaped to allow us (players) to help also design the mergers. :smiley:

I like these ideas (and currently am not eligible to help).

1 Like

Yeah, I would also like to clean the cell before adding the mergers. Sounds fun to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is a great idea and would be interested in helping to clean up a cell, although I know I’m not in the top 10 this time around.

1 Like

Great! You can count on me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just became a scythe, but I really like this idea!

1 Like

Sure, count me in.

1 Like

Sounds like fun. I agree, lets do it. :>

1 Like

Sounds good to me!

1 Like

Thanks for the responses, everyone! Based on your apparent interest, I will send out an e-mail soon to the people who qualified from June, to plan for October. Doing things like this can really help us alternate Hunts with Evil Cubes and still give an opportunity for the Games Maker badge every time.

2 Likes