Beta Testing for Accuracy History 11/16 at 2 pm US ET

We’ve built in a version of @KrzysztofKruk’s Cube Accuracy History to be integrated for all players in Eyewire and it will finally be ready for beta testing tomorrow!

Join the main round at 2 pm US ET or see on the test server and post feedback in this thread for the 24h period from 2 pm on Nov 16 - 2 pm Nov 17.

Please refrain from visiting the test server before beta testing begins.

To beta test:

1. Open a new Chrome Incognito Window CMD/CTRL+SHIFT+N (beta testing only works in incognito) -or- open a “Private Browser Window” in Firefox
  2. Go to https://beta.eyewire.org/login
  3. Sign in
  4. Say hello in chat and start playing some cubes

Play cubes and notice the new Activity Tracker in the top right hand corner of your screen next to your username.

Try hovering, clicking, see if you can break it or if you see any bugs. We welcome any and all feedback.

No work you complete on a beta server is saved to production Eyewire, which means your accuracy or other stats on eyewire.org will not be impacted by beta work.

2 Likes

Looks promising :slight_smile:
What I really like, is that it not only jumps to a cube (after clicking on a bar), but it also opens it in inspect mode and turns Review on. Don’t know, however, how it works for non-promoted players (which, obviously, can’t flag or reap a cube). Also, after the jumping and opening it should zoom in the 3D. Now it shows the cube in the same spot, it was in the ov.
Another thing, the bars are quite thin - it might be difficult to some users to click or hover them (they are fine for me).
Last thing, in my version, right-clicking on a bar also jumps to a cube, but does it in a new tab, so player can keep the cube, his currently in, while also inspecting the other one. Though, I’m not sure, how often it is used.

2 Likes

Thanks! We are still making some tweaks - please hold off on feedback until tomorrow when we start testing at 2.

I didn’t realize that about the right click!

1 Like

Oh, ok. I ddin’t read that last part, sorry xD
The right click was taken straight from @crazyman4865’s script :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also yeah those dots are pretty teeny to click on, we should probably go ahead and enlarge them

1 Like

unless something’s changed only mystics have in inspect review, lol.

Cool! I will!!

2 Likes

Now the width is much better.
How about showing “-” or “N/A” or something similar for accuracy, when a cube was reaped?
Maybe showing also the time, when a cube was played would be useful?
When jumping to a cube, it’s still not zoomed it, e.g.:

Before clicking on a bar:

After jumping:

1 Like

oh yeah that’s on the list too!

@KrzysztofKruk it loads the zoom level you were at for your last cube

ok, got it. Makes sense :slight_smile:

Feedback from the beta round:

BUGS
round weight to 1 decimal place
TBs don’t show
Bottom bar does not populate Weight, Votes, Parents & Children

UI
Key for what the colors mean
Blue: Reaped
Yellow: Admin
add “ago” after Submitted time so for example: “Submitted 5m ago”
Accuracy to show N/A for TB

FEATURE REQUESTS
Show reaps made by current player (blue)
X Show past 60 cubes
X Right-click to open cube in new window

For the first version of Activity Tracker and so that we can get it out to the community ASAP, we will only add Reaps made by current player.

Thanks for testing!

all the bars are white? (why all and everything must be becoming monochromatic?) I like them in KK’s script representing the colours of low-wt heatmap and green/red for acxurqcy etc. And the bars are too small but i think that’s been mentioned already?

looks ok otherwise.but i cant seem to be able to play any cubes or jump, (I got in after beta ended). so I can’t fully test it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The test site should be functional until 2 PM tomorrow; what configuration are you using to try the beta site? Cube tracing/submission should be working.

im from the laptop (64 bit i7 32 gigs browser and os etc) but i get a chat msg “you are not logged in please refresh” and when i click on start playing or one of the bars to jump to cube i get the OCC popup.

I would maybe try logging out of regular Eyewire even if you’re using an incognito window. Incognito in Chrome seems temperamental. If that doesn’t work, can you send an error log to Chris?

1 Like

sure, will do.

Ok, I played a bit more after the beta and here’s my feedback:

I would actually prefer to jump to the cube in overview when clicking on the accuracy bar instead of immediately being put into the cube in inspect mode. I’m getting a definite lag when being placed in inspect mode that i wasn’t getting when jumping in overview. As well as, it’s more helpful to me personally to see how a cube fits into the cell overall (as well as see if there’s some wonky ai madness going on) and how it relates to its parents, without esc to ov then going back into the cube.

The rest is appearance based. I like how close it is to my name on the screen, will allow for a more comfortable fit of the SL bar. I do think it would be nice for the bars to be wider, as well as color coded for the accuracy %. Gray on Gray doesn’t exactly pop.

Pics of how they compare on my laptop:

This is KK’s. The bars are easy to see, and pop with their colors.

The integrated one. Can see them, but it is not as easy to see the slight variations in % just by glancing at the bars as it is in KK’s. And, while it is sleek from a design stance, it feels less personable.

Just my 2 cents, i’m sure i’ll have more feedback when I get to mess with it more :slight_smile:

PS: fwiw, those are pictures of my computer screen, not screenshots. Learned that what I see is not what y’all see through a screenshot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From my very short test, I can write it’s ok, since it gives a direct view on various variables (?!)

2 Likes

Lol i just tried from phone (no other access until late sunday evening) i get the same (ew not connected anywhere else, pc and laptop shut down ba k home)

If i sgill get the same on sunday back home ill fire an error report to chris. :slight_smile:

You should use the beta server, not chris, so, the url will be: beta.eyewire.org/login

1 Like